Van Halen clip with all free plugins

OverDriven

• Members

I used LePou Hybrit, TSE 808 and LePou LeCab2. Playing is farrrr from perfect or even correct, but I just wanted to see if I could get a decent VH tone. I think it's not bad, though I'm sure I could get closer with a bit more tweaking. What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/joe_overdrive...nama-tone-test

Guitar was an LTD EC1000 BTW, so I couldn't do divebombs.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by tech21man View Post
First of all nice playing and tone. And you are close enough to rock n roll for me. Lepou stuff is excellent. I couldn't never get the hybrit to clear up like that though boost or not. What IR are you using?
Thanks man. I'm using Redwirez Mesa 4x12 w/V30s miked with an SM57 impulses. They're the best I've come across, though I'm sure I could have chosen a better one for accuracy.

I've seen a lot of people say they couldn't get tight/clear tone like this from the Hybrit, so my guess is it's the guitar being used. That or they're using the wrong boost. Try the TSE 808 and let me know how it works for you.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by tech21man View Post
First of all nice playing and tone. And you are close enough to rock n roll for me. Lepou stuff is excellent. I couldn't never get the hybrit to clear up like that though boost or not. What IR are you using?
Thanks man. I'm using Redwirez Mesa 4x12 w/V30s miked with an SM57 impulses. They're the best I've come across, though I'm sure I could have chosen a better one for accuracy.

I've seen a lot of people say they couldn't get tight/clear tone like this from the Hybrit, so my guess is it's the guitar being used. That or they're using the wrong boost. Try the TSE 808 and let me know how it works for you.

Archived