The new Star Wars movies

Shine

• Members

Why would anyone volunteer to clean up someone else's mess when they could use their time to create their own properties? I'm sure somebody will at some point, because hey it's gauranteed money. However, it's also gauranteed fan hatred, no matter how good the new movies are. While you'd think Hollywood would be filled to the brim with folks that enjoy that type of abuse, I don't think the set out to seek it purposefully most of the time.

• Members

Why would anyone volunteer to clean up someone else's mess when they could use their time to create their own properties? I'm sure somebody will at some point, because hey it's gauranteed money. However, it's also gauranteed fan hatred, no matter how good the new movies are. While you'd think Hollywood would be filled to the brim with folks that enjoy that type of abuse, I don't think the set out to seek it purposefully most of the time.

• Members

I'm pretty sure directors turn down projects all the time. The only difference is that we are hearing about it. With that said there is going to be a lot of money put into the new movies. The director will have to deal with all of those investors who are funding them. That can be a headache having to listen to people that think they are entitled to having creative input incorporated in their investment.

• Members

I'm pretty sure directors turn down projects all the time. The only difference is that we are hearing about it. With that said there is going to be a lot of money put into the new movies. The director will have to deal with all of those investors who are funding them. That can be a headache having to listen to people that think they are entitled to having creative input incorporated in their investment.

• Members

Actually, a LOT of people want to direct them. Some directors have opted out of being considered for personal, schedule and creative reasons but there are many big name directors who have written treatments, letters, draft outlines and such to try and convince the studios they should be the one directing. They have the writers for all three but they are still sorting out who to direct.

Relax youngblood, JJ Abrams said he is not interested. Right now from what I have read, Brad Bird is on the short list.

• Members

Actually, a LOT of people want to direct them. Some directors have opted out of being considered for personal, schedule and creative reasons but there are many big name directors who have written treatments, letters, draft outlines and such to try and convince the studios they should be the one directing. They have the writers for all three but they are still sorting out who to direct.

Relax youngblood, JJ Abrams said he is not interested. Right now from what I have read, Brad Bird is on the short list.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Shine

View Post

How come no one wants to direct them? It seems like people would be jumping at the bit to fix all the things Lucas dissapointed the audience with the prequels. Is star wars tainted?

Isnt it Disney that now owns the franchise? .....You do know what it will turn into dont you?

Any movie from here on will suck regardless. Disney Corp will force things to their brand of poop...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Shine

View Post

How come no one wants to direct them? It seems like people would be jumping at the bit to fix all the things Lucas dissapointed the audience with the prequels. Is star wars tainted?

Isnt it Disney that now owns the franchise? .....You do know what it will turn into dont you?

Any movie from here on will suck regardless. Disney Corp will force things to their brand of poop...

• Members

I honestly think James Cameron could do a great job with that series. But that's not enough. You need someone that would bring epic back to star wars, while keeping the original mojo of the series - simple formula of good against evil.. Maybe some new blood.. Andy Wachowski? Christopher Nolan ?

• Members

I honestly think James Cameron could do a great job with that series. But that's not enough. You need someone that would bring epic back to star wars, while keeping the original mojo of the series - simple formula of good against evil.. Maybe some new blood.. Andy Wachowski? Christopher Nolan ?

Archived