Possible NGD...which one should I? USA Parker/Old Ibanez content...

LoopQuantum

• Members

2005 USA Fly Deluxe, in dusty black, with Piezo, and gig bag. Stock pic.
79830_l.jpg

or...

1991 UV7BK Universe...in the coveted GREEN DOT finish. 100% original with OHSC. (again, a google image, not my own, since I'm at work, but it's identical)

01.jpg

Yes, I know about the reported fret issues on the Parker Flys. This is a pre-US Music, Ken Parker model. It's coming from an old friend of mine, and it's immaculate. He wants to swap for some of my studio gear.

The Ibby is from another old friend, and it's a buddy price.

I only feel ok about doing one, but not both. CAN'T DECIDE. Help?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by fretless View Post
does that Fly have that Carbon fiber layer ? IF so the Fly
Sure does!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
Considering the Parker is readily available anytime and a green dot UV7BK this clean is really hard to find, I'd go with the Ibanez.
Nope. They don't do the poplar body original deluxe anymore, the new ones are different.

Quote Originally Posted by mamberg View Post
Wait - you are trading for one - and can afford the other?
Where is the guilt coming from?
Both just feels excessive. And to pay for the uv7, I'd probably flip the gear is trade for the fly, lol.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fretless View Post
does that Fly have that Carbon fiber layer ? IF so the Fly
Sure does!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
Considering the Parker is readily available anytime and a green dot UV7BK this clean is really hard to find, I'd go with the Ibanez.
Nope. They don't do the poplar body original deluxe anymore, the new ones are different.

Quote Originally Posted by mamberg View Post
Wait - you are trading for one - and can afford the other?
Where is the guilt coming from?
Both just feels excessive. And to pay for the uv7, I'd probably flip the gear is trade for the fly, lol.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
Sure does!

idn_smilie.gif looks the same to me.. and it says it's a 1-piece poplar body

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FlyDlxMB

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
Sure does!

idn_smilie.gif looks the same to me.. and it says it's a 1-piece poplar body

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FlyDlxMB

• Members

Personally, I'd probably go for the Parker. But I already own a UV (not that one), as well as two other lovely RG7s. I've only got two 6-string electrics, one of which is also an old Ibanez RG, so the Parker would be something a bit different.

If I wasn't so loaded on 7-strings and Floyd'd Ibanez ones at that, I'd probably go with the UV. idn_smilie.gif

I'm not too bothered about how coveted or rare something is. I buy guitars to play 'em, not so I can feel all warm inside knowing I own something rare or to sell it later on for a profit or whatever. If I bought the UV, it sure as {censored} wouldn't look that nice a lil while down the track. redface.gif

• Members

Personally, I'd probably go for the Parker. But I already own a UV (not that one), as well as two other lovely RG7s. I've only got two 6-string electrics, one of which is also an old Ibanez RG, so the Parker would be something a bit different.

If I wasn't so loaded on 7-strings and Floyd'd Ibanez ones at that, I'd probably go with the UV. idn_smilie.gif

I'm not too bothered about how coveted or rare something is. I buy guitars to play 'em, not so I can feel all warm inside knowing I own something rare or to sell it later on for a profit or whatever. If I bought the UV, it sure as {censored} wouldn't look that nice a lil while down the track. redface.gif

Archived