Tolkien's son speaks out against Peter Jackson

soundgardener75

• Members

Is this the same kid that kept putting out all of Tolkien's notes for every penny the family could get? Yeah, didn't read link, but no {censored}s are given. I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for those making millions off things they didn't make. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Is this the same kid that kept putting out all of Tolkien's notes for every penny the family could get? Yeah, didn't read link, but no {censored}s are given. I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for those making millions off things they didn't make. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

facepalm.gif No, this "kid" is 88-year-old Christopher Tolkien, who probably spent more time and energy organizing, collating, and preparing the late J.R.R.'s notes than J.R.R. himself spent writing them. Without Christopher, none of middle-earth beyond the two books would be known.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

facepalm.gif No, this "kid" is 88-year-old Christopher Tolkien, who probably spent more time and energy organizing, collating, and preparing the late J.R.R.'s notes than J.R.R. himself spent writing them. Without Christopher, none of middle-earth beyond the two books would be known.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
No...just no...

wtf-pics-tank-baby.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
No...just no...

wtf-pics-tank-baby.jpg

• Members

The book is always better than the film.....nothing new here. It's very sad that the creators estate will see so little from the mass market machine.....100k was a lot of money then.

Christopher is the man....without him there would be no coherent Silmarillion...it's just a shame JRR died before so many of the other gaps were filled or reconciled in the legendarium/historical writings that become unfinished and lost tales.

• Members

The book is always better than the film.....nothing new here. It's very sad that the creators estate will see so little from the mass market machine.....100k was a lot of money then.

Christopher is the man....without him there would be no coherent Silmarillion...it's just a shame JRR died before so many of the other gaps were filled or reconciled in the legendarium/historical writings that become unfinished and lost tales.

Archived