PICKS: What do you like???

PuppetOfMasters

• Members

Fender Heavys all the way for me. I cant stand light flimsy picks. I need something hard with alot of attack. And also, if I'm bored and have extra picks, I can entertain myself by setting them on fire. And boooyyyyy do these things catch fire.

Pete, if you read this thread, post that video of you setting that pick on fire:cool:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Cool Picks 1.5mm, the only thing that I can use. I used to use Jazz III as per John Petrucci( When we were friends, he wouldnt let me use anything but) Once Ralphie turned me onto the Cool Picks it was all over!!!

PKAGJ-H.jpg

Do they have some corny ass slogan like...."BE COOL! PLAY COOL PICKS!" or like, "YOU'RE NOT COOL WITHOUT ONE, COOL PICKS!"....:cool: :cool:

I should be a slogan writer

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Cool Picks 1.5mm, the only thing that I can use. I used to use Jazz III as per John Petrucci( When we were friends, he wouldnt let me use anything but) Once Ralphie turned me onto the Cool Picks it was all over!!!

PKAGJ-H.jpg

You and Ralph got me loving these a lot...so much that I had to stop using them and go back to Xtra Heavy Tortoise Shells. I was to the point of putting a pick with my wallet just in case there is an opportunity to jam.

• Members

Originally posted by psychodave

You and Ralph got me loving these a lot...so much that I had to stop using them and go back to Xtra Heavy Tortoise Shells. I was to the point of putting a pick with my wallet just in case there is an opportunity to jam.

I've always carried picks in my wallet. Though, I've only actually got a pick out of it and used it like........once.

• Members

Originally posted by psychodave

Im tellin ya Bro, theyre addictive, I have like 3 in my wallet at all times!!!! theyre expensive buggers too!!!

Kage

• Members

a funny thing happened the other day...i was playing with a heavy peavey pick, and i realized that i was sucking at playing solos. i picked up a big stubby (3.0 mm) and it solved my problem. i think i'm hooked.

• Members

I used to play with a .46mm Charvel pick since I got about 200 free ones with my Jackson PC-1. After a few years of using those I realized my playing just wasn't as sharp as it should be. I went out and bought some Dunlop Gator .96mm ones and it was all uphill from there. Faster leadwork, tighter rhythms!

• Members

Originally posted by 5150GSX

I used to play with a .46mm Charvel pick since I got about 200 free ones with my Jackson PC-1. After a few years of using those I realized my playing just wasn't as sharp as it should be. I went out and bought some Dunlop Gator .96mm ones and it was all uphill from there. Faster leadwork, tighter rhythms!

+1 on 0.96 gators, they rock!

Archived