Opinions on a New Tube Combo

Rich E

• Members

Hello folks. I need some opinions please.  I have been quite happy with my Peavey Viper Tube 60 until I played through my friends Fender Twin Reverb. I fell in love with the clean tones that the Fender produced.  I am looking for a tube combo that produces beautiful clean tones for the $1000 dollar range or less. I am a working man and a family man and I do not have the time to travel around to test out amps so your opinions I would greatly appreciate. I do not gig anymore but want a beautiful sounding amp to play with the neighbors and to play in my house. Thank you again.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I've noticed a few of these resurrected threads lately and it's usually done by someone with a single digit post count.

I first came to this forum when I purchase an AW4416 and wanted to leard more about it. I did a search on the unit and the issue I was dealing with and found that Phil O'Keefe had posted the answer to my question. I signed up and started posting in the same thread. I had and still have no idea how old the thread was at the time.

I felt welcomed into the community and have been here ever since. I may have been put off if the first reply to my first post simply pointed out that it was an old thread.

• Members

OTOH, you came looking for advice and you were able to benefit from what had already been posted. You didn't offer advice for someone who asked three years ago. I'm happy for darreng949 and I'm glad he loves his Blues Jr. I'd like to see him post pics and clips, and participate in other threads. But in this instance he's a bit late to the party.

Archived