Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here NOT like Van Halen?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dlr era i am very much a fan. everything else no.

this
    Originally Posted by Murdoch

That's what you get for putting a ****************************ed Floyd on a Lester. ****************************.

Comment

Mostly because they never wrote any great songs.

One thing Eddie did well is figure out to make heavy guitar based songs RADIO FRIENDLY. This is what separated them from most in the day - it was pretty heavy **************** back then & you could still hear it on the radio ...

The whole "radio friendly" thing is something the heavier bands of today might want to rethink... I guess nobody wants to be a bonafied rock star anymore

That's what you get for putting a ****************************ed Floyd on a Lester. ****************************.

Comment

women and children first, fair warning, and 1984 are totally genius rock records. van halen and van halen ii are great.. but those three...

c'mon now.

Comment

Ok, I'll fess up. From DAY ONE, when I heard a copy of the Gene Simmons VH demo floating around back in 1977, I did not like Van Halen. This was largely confirmed when VH1 was released. I didn't like their songs, I hated DLR's "singing," and quite honestly, I had zero emotional connection to Eddie's guitar playing. Sure, he had chops, but it just wasn't "my thing" and it didn't catch my ears one bit.

So while everyone on the planet was losing their minds and finger tapping their brains out, I was coping cool horn lines from Miles Davis and Ornette Coleman

Comment

Get this back on track right now!

Those harmonies are just ****************ing amazing, GREAT

***Another USA Charvel SO-Cal Soon Tangerine 4 sale***
            ^^ Good deals with Glizard (ADA), electricdreams (Vetta) Fat Lou (Splawn) Tubesteakfortone (Marshall 3203, Riot pedal) agreed (Hafler-Radial) twisty571 (Mosvalve 962) Orbis Mortis (egnater) ~Abstract~ (JC amp) jn062181 (AXE - FX) ^^

PS -- I am the proud owner of the 1,000,000 post EVER on the HC amp forum 7/28/2006..

Comment

Ok, I'll fess up. From DAY ONE, when I heard a copy of the Gene Simmons VH demo floating around back in 1977, I did not like Van Halen. This was largely confirmed when VH1 was released. I didn't like their songs, I hated DLR's "singing," and quite honestly, I had zero emotional connection to Eddie's guitar playing. Sure, he had chops, but it just wasn't "my thing" and it didn't catch my ears one bit.

So while everyone on the planet was losing their minds and finger tapping their brains out, I was coping cool horn lines from Miles Davis and Ornette Coleman

Oooooooooohhhh, you're so hip and artsy, can I touch you?
              Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

I liked the F.U.C.K. album...But other than that..No.
                Good deal (s) with: shane159

Comment

Latest album already fell out of my listening rotation

great tones, and aggressive guitar playing, no doubt about that....the songs are just missing those VH "hooks" that all the good songs have

good effort, I hope they try again

Comment

god this forum is .

I mean really guys? this place is hopeless.

Comment

Didn't stop them from several sold-out tours in the UK, though.

Considering the veritable tidal wave of limp-dick/homo-erotic synth pop that came out of the UK in the 80s, I'd have thought Van Halen would've come off VERY "rough" by comparison.

And NWOBH like Iron Maiden Motor Head Venom Diamond head etc... You should think about it before you type. Also check the venues Van halen played and where on the Bills.
                      They have never been so big in the UK, I am not saying they suck, just the UK doesn't get it, its not hot like Florida its miserable and wet like Seattle.
                      That's why we had bands like the smiths.
                      http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

I don't listen to VH very often, but every so often I find myself in the mood for it, and I'll usually listen to Balance or Fair Warning when I do.

F.U.C.K is also a pretty enjoyable album. VH I and 1984 are probably a bit overplayed to me, so I rarely listen to either one of those.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

I like guitar. Therefore I like VH.

How can you play guitar and not like VH even a little bit?
                          Some Gear:
                          Bogner EL34 Shiva
                          Peavey Delta Blues
                          Line 6 POD HD 500
                          Various Guitars mostly cheap.

Click here for a list of references: link
                          Bad transactions: Willshrdforfood

Spam: Sold out. Check back later.

Comment

How can you play guitar and not like VH even a little bit?

Watch...

Here I am playing guitar.

And - hold on - here I am not liking Van Halen even a little bit.

Wait, wait. It gets better...

Here I am playing guitar and not liking Van Halen even a little bit at the same time!

I know, I know. It's staggering isn't it? Just natural ability and a lot of hard work. Please leave folding money only in the hat.
                            My Guitar Collection - An ongoing project...

Comment

Watch...

Here I am playing guitar.

And - hold on - here I am not liking Van Halen even a little bit.

Wait, wait. It gets better...

Here I am playing guitar and not liking Van Halen even a little bit at the same time!

I know, I know. It's staggering isn't it? Just natural ability and a lot of hard work. Please leave folding money only in the hat.

Clips?
                              Some Gear:
                              Bogner EL34 Shiva
                              Peavey Delta Blues
                              Line 6 POD HD 500
                              Various Guitars mostly cheap.

Click here for a list of references: link
                              Bad transactions: Willshrdforfood

Spam: Sold out. Check back later.

Comment

I am only recently able to listen to VH. hear me out. I started working in a music store in 1981, and owned no VH records, so all I heard were lame attempts by customers. I hated VH. 30 years later, as the memories fade, it turns out they weren't so bad.
                                Well, maybe a little. Remeber the EVH line announcement at NAMM by Fender one year? I was walking by the ballroom as it was going on, and heard playing that sounded to me like a really drunk Eddie. The next day on Youtube I had confirmation that it WAS a really drunk Eddie.
                                Originally Posted By Trace-P38
                                Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
                                Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
                                Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

Working...
                                X