Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Halen is a great guitar player but the songs are just too juvenile for me.
    “One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
    -Rachel Carson-

Comment

I updated my iPhone today and removed all Van Halen tracks from it.

?? If you were "never a VH fan" how did all the VH songs get on your iPhone?
      The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

hot shoe boinin down the avenue gont an on ramp through my bedroom.
        the world is one big fist fight.

Originally Posted by duncan

I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.

Originally Posted by Rear Naked

I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

Comment

Their new album entered the official U.K. chart at position No. 6. Somebody there likes them.

They also like bad euro pop, I can't account for taste or lack of it.

Joking apart van Halen have never been so popular on the uk. It was always bans a bit rougher like AC/DC and Iron Maiden.
          http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

Joking apart van Halen have never been so popular on the uk. It was always bans a bit rougher like AC/DC and Iron Maiden.

The only think rougher about AC/DC is Brian Johnson's sandpaper voice.
            Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

They're alright..Lots of highs and lows. Their best stuff is great. There isn't enough of it. CHEEZEE.
              AMPS:
              Cameron CCV
              Engl SE
              Various Cabs

GUITARS:
              ESP Custom Explorer (Het Set)
              LTD EC1000
              Fender Strat

Comment

But that's because you come from the 3rd world

Oh you!
                Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Most all of the DLR era is awesome even after hearing it a million times.

Comment

Being a punk... I love when other punks talk **************** about EVH, so I can bust their balls... about how Eddie's playing was non-conformist, his guitar and gear ethos were DIY and lead to revolutionizing the industry, and knew how to make a Marshall go ballistic...

Other than that... Van Halen as a band, mostly suck...

You're a self -proclaimed punk in 2012.

Way to buck the system there, rebel-rebel...........
                    My gear:
                    AXL Badwater SRO Pro
                    2001 Brawley Threat LTD
                    Warmoth Superstrat
                    JB Player neck-thru project currently in progress

Yamaha THR10

Comment

No denying the talent. It's ****************ing epic.

The songs for the most part, meh.
                      Look how hard my heart hurts.
                      I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

probably heard about 3 songs in total.... never bothered to listen to anything else.
                        Good trade with: branjispad

Comment

I'm a big fan of every album they've put out except for III.

The only reason I don't like III is that I literally can't understand anything Gary Cherone is saying. It's unintelligible.
                          Originally Posted by Ferdinandstrat

And Mr. Grimace, there is nothing that I would be delighted more to do right now then to punch you in the face until it disintegrates.

SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

The new album is such a disappointment and i'm sick of the classic stuff. i moved on years ago anyway.

Now this I just don't get. I can't see how ANY old-school VH fan can't LOVE the new record. ****************, it should've been called 1985! It's overall the heaviest, hardest-rocking record they've ever made, and many of those songs wouldn't have been at all out of place on one of the early records. (Particularly the 6 that were written back then!)

Still, to each his own, I suppose.
                            Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

People only listen to van halen in the UK in an ironic fashion popularised in 2003.
                              DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

Didn't stop them from several sold-out tours in the UK, though.

Considering the veritable tidal wave of limp-dick/homo-erotic synth pop that came out of the UK in the 80s, I'd have thought Van Halen would've come off VERY "rough" by comparison.
                                Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X