This doesn't seem too bad to me.

chrispsullivan

• Members

chrispsullivan wrote:

The censoring sucks, but that's easy to get around. I really don't see what the big deal is.

in general agreement (almost kudo worthy).   event the **bleep** layout is workable.

yea there is some missing features, but not the end of the world.   

censoring issue must be resolved though. - it shouldnt be a chore to have an adult (or childish) conversation here.

• Members

It accommodates its purpose. Phil and others already laid out huge responses for the changes, why they were implemented, and why the site went live before it was complete.

Everyone by now has been directed to other forums as options. Some of those sites are censored as well and others are censored only to pic content (NSFW being a no no).

If this site now chooses a more professional or business approach instead of the limitless playground some viewed it as before, that's their call. 

Even with as many who have bailed, many have already returned and will probably hang from time to time even if they have to mind their p's and q's. 

Honestly and from a professional standpoint, I can see their reasoning wanting a makeover. Now it's just some time and some modifcations to what things will be provided. In the end we can all decide which of dozens of forums are more attractive to our own goals.

• Members

mamberg wrote:

Ok - so the filter is still evolving.

For instance - f then u then c then '.' Then k is filtered - **bleep**.k

But f then u then '.' Then c then k is not - fu.ck

Whatthe{censored}???

I, for one, am glad that curse and foul words are of the uptmost importance! Keep up the good fight!

Archived