Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Marshall (revised) DSL for 2012

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother****************ingthis. My biggest complaint about the DSL. Front panel is great, which makes for a great studio amp, but is very limited when playing it live, unless you just want two channels like most of us.

However, there are always way of modding it to make it footswitchable.

I've got the 401 combo, for some reason, you can change between crunch modes on this amp an very usefull it is too! I've no idea why this feature never made it to the heads
    My Gear

07 Les Paul 68 Custom Reissue
    94 Roadhouse Strat w SD custom hot flats
    Ibanez S540
    00 Epi LP Custom w Gibson 490R/498T pickups
    Squier Telecaster Custom II
    04 p90 Melody Maker

Marshall DSL 401
    Fender superchamp XD

Fender deluxe precision bass
    Ashdown ABM evo 500 combo

Good trades with ChuckNorris1982 & slomatic

Comment

I toured a DSL 100 for 2 years with no problems at all, out of a cold van into a warm venue, no flightcase, it even got dropped a few times.

it probably did nearing 200 shows with no issues, so my experiences are only good.

I like the red channel and my EQ for clean/drive sounds is pretty close anyway so i dont see a shared eq as a compromise.
      Vanquish Mystique Custom
      Marshall JCM900 4100ri
      Marshall 1960a
      Ibanez TS9
      Ibanez AD9
      Korg Pitchblack
      Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

I don't get the fascination with reverb. I've never heard my amps' reverb once the band kicks in.
        PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
        Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
        Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
        YouTube
        Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

I don't get the fascination with reverb. I've never heard my amps' reverb once the band kicks in.

There you have it. The band. Bedroom rockers don't have one of those.
          Marshall 2466 Vintage Modern.
          Cabs: Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (half-back)
          Guitars: Ibanez UV777PBK, Ibanez K7 (with BKP Painkillers), Shecter 006 Deluxe, Jackson Kelly Standard, Ibanez SRX705, Takamine Classical, Taylor Acoustic.

Comment

They missed a channel unless the pic isnt accurate.

4 channels with 3 modes on each channel (green, orange,and red).

Comment

You don't win friends with salad

BRO CLUB MEMBER: NaturalBornBro

All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

AND if you turn it up enough to hear it your sound gets completely lost in reverb world.
                Guitars:
                2011 Gibson LP Traditional Plus
                2004 Gibson LP Studio Alpine White
                1996 Yamaha 121d w/SD screamin deamon
                2002 Ibanez RG 470 MIJ
                Yamaha Acoustic

Amps
                Marshall JVM 210h
                Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
                Peavey Ultra 60
                BlackStar HT-5 Combo
                BlackStar HT-100

Cabs
                Peavey Ultra 412
                Marshall 1960a
                Marshall MF280

http://www.facebook.com/sin4sin

Comment

If you play "Rockabilly" or "Surf" music, reverb is a must!

Comment

It would be interesting to know what % of amps sold actually get used in bands. I'm guessing it's 10% tops.

Comment

If you play "Rockabilly" or "Surf" music, reverb is a must!

QFT. I get THAT, I guess I'm talking about everybody else!
                      PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
                      Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
                      Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
                      YouTube
                      Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

Officail specs released:

DSL15H $499
                        DSL15C $599
                        DSL40C $699
                        DSL100H $899

Made in Vietnam

Comment

I bet it still doesn't sound great unless you crank it. That's my #1 beef with most Marshalls.

As a former DSL owner, I agree that it would need either separate EQ for both channels or a better balance between the two. From what I can remember the biggest issue was bass. If you had the green channel dialed just right, then the red channel had way too little bottom end.

So basically they revised everything that didn't really need revising.

God forbid you turn your amp up. Marshall amps are made to be loud. If you don't want loud, don't buy a Marshall. ****************, even the Class 5 amp is loud as ****************. The JVM is the only Marshall that sounds OK at low volumes.
                          Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

Originally Posted by madryan

That's the problem with Marshalls... They cut right through.

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

Kinda how I quit drinking for a long time. That was lame so I started again

Comment

I think I love you.
                            Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

Originally Posted by madryan

That's the problem with Marshalls... They cut right through.

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

Kinda how I quit drinking for a long time. That was lame so I started again

Comment

I want one!

Comment

I want one!

Hmm $500 for a DSL 15h head, huh? They're kinda cute

Comment

Working...
                                X