Just picked up my Godin Redline I

guitarbilly74

• Members

GC called me and said the police hold was up so I just went there during my lunch and picked it up. Spent about an hour jamming with it at the store. Really cool guitar, it does not sound thin AT ALL despite of the maple body. Tone is a little tighter than my mahogany Hamers (same pickup) but that's to be expected. However, it is very close and it sound's just as big.

Everything about this guitar is really high quality: the jumbo frets are perfectly dressed, set up and in intonation is perfect right out the box, the string through fixed bridge is really solid and sustains great. I think this is the first time I buy a guitar I don't have to modify anything on it to fit my taste perfectly. Heck even the strap knobs are compatible to the Schaller straplocks I use :cool:

I also had the chance to play a few LPs (Classic, Traditional and '77 Deluxe) and honestly felt the Godin sounds and plays better than all of them.

A few other notes about the GC visit. I initially plugged into an Orange Thunderverb 50 and I really disliked it. I don't get all the love for these amps.

Then I moved to a Mesa Recto-verb and that sounded killer. Amazingly, I got really close to the tone I get with my Cyclone with it, I never realized how close to the Recto tone the Cyclone is. But the Godin/Mesa set up sounded 99% like my main Hamer/ Randall set up.

So yeah CSB. Graphs may follow.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. Why shouldn't I be happy?

I like my tone lol

I just had a NGD last night as well :D It really does suck, I've been thinking about it all day.

But to my previous comment - you could've just gotten that pinkburst $250 guitar off ebay yesterday and kept your tone :lol: rather than getting the Redline.

Anomaly brought his super sexy Godin over the other night when he grabbed my Gmajor II - played it for ~30 seconds but it was really nice. Second one I've ever laid hands on and it was something I could definitely get into.

• Members

I just had a NGD last night as well
:D
It really does suck, I've been thinking about it all day.

But to my previous comment - you could've just gotten that pink $250 guitar off ebay yesterday and kept your tone
:D
rather than getting the Redline.

Anomaly brought his super sexy Godin over the other night when he grabbed my Gmajor II - played it for ~30 seconds but it was really nice. Second one I've ever laid hands on and it was something I could definitely get into.

I got the Godin used for $199 with a gig bag. :love: The morons at GC don't know what it is.

Basides, that Hamer would need a pickup upgrade, this one needs nothing :cool:

What did you get?

• Members

That's exactly why I brought it over, those things are like UFO's, people claim to have seen one, but there's no proof! :lol:

• Members

That's exactly why I brought it over, those things are like UFO's, people claim to have seen one, but there's no proof!
:lol:

They have another one in green at the same store for $250 used. I asked the GC noob why it was more than the red one I bought and he replied "green guitars sell faster" :facepalm: I felt an urge to put my boot through his butthole... wtf is he talking about? jesus.

I will probably end up buying it if it's still there in a few weeks though, definitely worth it.

• Members

They have another one in green at the same store for $250 used. I asked the GC noob why it was more than the red one I bought and he replied "green guitars sell faster"
:facepalm:
I felt an urge to put my boot through his butthole
... wtf is he talking about? jesus.

I will probably end up buying it if it's still there in a few weeks though, definitely worth it.

You should have.

• Members

To be fair, every time I've walked into a Guitar Center, I've felt much the same urge. Those fuckers in there don't know a goddamned thing.

It's a good thing sometimes. Last year I picked up a Washburn USA Custom Shop MG for $99 because they thought all Washburns were cheap imports (even though it said "Hand Made in Chicago, IL USA" right on the fucking headstock :facepalm: ) . Sold it for $800.

Archived