HNAD!! (Well almost) Mesa Mark content.

darkintension.

• Members

Hello HCAF 3.0!

So I am proud to announce my new amp day. It has been about a year since I've last had a tube amp and it has been absolutely dreaful. I had to focus on school and now that I am transferring out, there are about 6 more months before I leave that allows me to get back into some music.

Today, I have purchased a green stripe Mesa Mark III. Pics will be available asap. From the moment I plugged in, the tone was amazing. I've never heard such a great clean up until now. It was in really good condition but did have some scratchy pots so my first stop was to Petaluma (I live in SF) and drop it off to the professionals to have it cleaned up. I'd rather do it now while I can be disciplined enough and have it back sooner than later while being completely happy.

So I will be using this as a main rig and will be using all three channels as much as possible. I understand that a lot of things are shared, however the R2 volume mode seems like it will give me a lot more versatility and practicality.

Thoughts? :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. Still on the hunt for a 2x12 recto cab but and am open to suggestions for speaker combinations!

• Members

congrats! Love the Mark series! I have a Mark IV and run it through a recto 4x12. Here it is through my 1x12 and my g-system and in drop Bb.

darkintension. wrote:

Hello HCAF 3.0!

So I am proud to announce my new amp day. It has been about a year since I've last had a tube amp and it has been absolutely dreaful. I had to focus on school and now that I am transferring out, there are about 6 more months before I leave that allows me to get back into some music.

Today, I have purchased a green stripe Mesa Mark III. Pics will be available asap. From the moment I plugged in, the tone was amazing. I've never heard such a great clean up until now. It was in really good condition but did have some scratchy pots so my first stop was to Petaluma (I live in SF) and drop it off to the professionals to have it cleaned up. I'd rather do it now while I can be disciplined enough and have it back sooner than later while being completely happy.

So I will be using this as a main rig and will be using all three channels as much as possible. I understand that a lot of things are shared, however the R2 volume mode seems like it will give me a lot more versatility and practicality.

Thoughts?
:smileyvery-happy:

P.S. Still on the hunt for a 2x12 recto cab but and am open to suggestions for speaker combinations!

Archived