Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's the Deal with the Bleep Thing. Yes It Sucks, but for More Reasons than You Might Think

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the Deal with the Bleep Thing. Yes It Sucks, but for More Reasons than You Might Think

You can thank Google for the language censor. They have flagged us as having "offensive content" and because of that, prevented us from serving particular ads, and it's quite a few of them (and we kinda have to have ads to pay the bills).  As we don't have enough mods to clean things up to their standards, we put in the filter. So our choices are either more mods dedicated to cleaning things up, not paying the bills, trying to talk sense to Google (good luck with that), or putting in a filter. Agreed - it sux, but so do the choices.

• Caulk Rocket
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Santuzzo
    replied

Did not get an answer yet, so I'm a gonna try again:

Just one simple question to Anderton or whoever is in charge of this forum:

Will you get us the old forum back or will it stay as it is now?

Because if this is what it's gonna be, I'm outta here.

In the past days this 'new' forum has turned into a spooky ghosttown......

There's a lot more going on over at our new amp-forum, I guess that's our new place.

Leave a comment:

• Santuzzo
    replied

Just one simple question to Anderton or whoever is in charge of this forum:

Will you get us the old forum back or will it stay as it is now?

Because if this is what it's gonna be, I'm outta here.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_Sheen
    replied
    lol @ long-a?s rant bit

Leave a comment:

• Grant Harding
    replied
    To suggest that this site hasn't made any money for Bain Capital is very hard to swallow. Maybe it doesn't have clear and obvious ROI standing on it's own, but marketing is often like that. Shut it off and watch the revenue figures for GC, MF, and Music123...

Leave a comment:

• Santuzzo
    replied

I guess they want to get rid of everybody and let the forum bleed to death?!?!

I know I won't last long on this 'new' forum ......

Leave a comment:

• StratGuy22
    replied
    http://www.theopenjam.com where they don't give a**************** about google.

Leave a comment:

• StratGuy22
    replied
    That's a pretty good workaround.

Leave a comment:

• StratGuy22
    replied
    Tell google to go**************** themselves.

As long as we don't lose the Ray Luzier forum.

Who the**************** is that anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Dewysoss
    replied

this is **bleep** gay

Leave a comment:

• soundgardener75
    replied
    I like pie.

Leave a comment:

• LaXu
    replied

Thanks for answering Anderton. Don't take it so personally, people aren't **bleep** at you but "the powers that be".

At least the forum software is reasonably bug free (meaning you're not getting any real errors, though some situations can cause a bit wierd stuff), it's just that whoever was responsible for the visuals and UI design should get a swift kick in the **bleep**. It's just so obviously not working well and is so obviously inconsistent that it should've never been released with a proper rethinking of how the system is presented.

I did this in about five minutes:

hc-tuned.jpg

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Elric
    replied

It's awesome hanging out on a forum run by a bunch of corporate dickwads. /sarcasm

Seriously, guys GTFO of here and get over to openjam.net. It's the new HCAF. If you sit around and just take it from behind everytime MF screws with this site, you are enabling them and have no one to blame but yourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Caulk Rocket
    replied

The censoring only applies to posts.

See sig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X