Looking at the H&K Tubemeister 18. Thoughts?

bzrkrage

• Members

Looking at the H&K Tubemeister 18. Thoughts?

I've been jonesing for one of these for a bit now.

Liked the idea of the changeable wattage (18,5,1,& 0)

Also the built-in redbox DI.

Wanted a DI box for my HRD (Was surprised at how much they are!)

Anybody have/had one?

Any other amps have the Redbox?

Just looking to get the head, (Use my 410 & 112 from my combos to play live.)

Cheers for your time & thoughts people.

• Members

My son and I spent some time with one recently at GC.

Its sweet man. Good clean ch that sounds good pushed too and the dirt ch is pretty brilliant w an extra boost switch. Good tones from classic rock to modern crunch. The power select works well w little if any effect on tone. That said.....

We think the Egnater Tweaker15 is just as versatile and sounds , butteryer? Just to me its hard to go wrong either way.

• Members

There is a video on youtube of a guy putting it thru its paces..he makes a point of showing it in a low cost attic studio and basically states its all you need for great studio guitar sounds. he plays clean an dirty and it really, really sounds good. I use and continue to use small tube amps...and its a great way to go. I havent done a direct A/B with the H/K and the Egnater..but I have heard each seperately..and I prefer the H/K..and yeah it has a red box on it, pretty handy! It is also smaller,too. and btw: if you see a an old Peavey Bravo amp...its a wonderful 1x12 combo that was doing this low volume but great tone thing.years before so many caught on. they can be found for about 200-300 $USD....and both the clean and dirty are damn amazing, (all tube, 12 ax7a and el84)..but the effects loop is flaky. GtrGeorge

Archived