Apple Logic and Eleven Rack GUI

SwedeZ

• Members

I'm looking at getting Logic fairly soon. One of my friends who is a protools user said to me that the GUI isn't available for the Eleven Rack in a DAW setting unless you use it within protools. Is this true?

• Members

Yeah I don't mind using the rack itself to edit whatever I need, but that GUI was really nice to use :( Did you get the update yet for yours? I'm debating on getting it for mine right now, or waiting until I order all my DAW stuff from sweetwater

• Members

Yeah I don't mind using the rack itself to edit whatever I need, but that GUI was really nice to use
:(
Did you get the update yet for yours? I'm debating on getting it for mine right now, or waiting until I order all my DAW stuff from sweetwater

Yes. I work at Sweetwater, and was actually involved in beta testing on the 11R. The new update is worth it, just for the Bogner and Ampeg! :love:

• Members

yeah I know you work there man, but my friend Kurt M works there too, so unfortunately I have to utilize him instead for all this stuff

I got my 11R the day it was released :D I've never been happier with it, and I just use it standalone right now, no DAW etc. That's what I'm looking to get into. Some of my friends are calling me insane for wanting to use Logic instead of protools but whatever, it'll be different.

• Members

yeah I know you work there man, but my friend Kurt M works there too, so unfortunately I have to utilize him instead for all this stuff

I got my 11R the day it was released
:D
I've never been happier with it, and I just use it standalone right now, no DAW etc. That's what I'm looking to get into. Some of my friends are calling me insane for wanting to use Logic instead of protools but whatever, it'll be different.

Kurt's my caucasian! :love:

• Members

Kurt's my caucasian!
:love:

Looking back I didn't mean to say unfortunately in light of Kurt, I meant it towards I wouldn't be able to use your awesome sales skills to order everything I want.

But seeing as you know the 11R inside and out, when I get everything running I will probably inundate you with questions of fun and disorder!

Whats the coolest thing youve found for the update in terms of using the 11R, so far?

• Members

Looking back I didn't mean to say unfortunately in light of Kurt, I meant it towards I wouldn't be able to use your awesome sales skills to order everything I want.

But seeing as you know the 11R inside and out, when I get everything running I will probably inundate you with questions of fun and disorder!

Whats the coolest thing youve found for the update in terms of using the 11R, so far?

Ampeg SVT, by a mile. So nice to have a bass amp model, and a really good one at that!!!

• Members

wow i would say you are insane for wanting to use logic over pro tools too! Logic was the most frustrating sowtware I ever had the displeasure of working with, i just dont get why anybody would want to record audio with it.

• Members

wow i would say you are insane for wanting to use logic over pro tools too! Logic was the most frustrating sowtware I ever had the displeasure of working with, i just dont get why anybody would want to record audio with it.

I actually really like Logic. The editing still isn't what it should be, IMO, and PT is still wayyy better for that. But it KILLS as a songwriting program. Very fast and intuitive. I ditched my Mac recently, and went with a quadcore rackmount PC, so Logic isn't an option for me anymore...

My setup is weird though. I do 99% of everything in Ableton Live, then export the sessions to PT to mix/edit. :idk:

EDIT: I've already posted these, but here are a few examples of tracks I've done with the 11R:

http://soundcloud.com/arendraby/robocop-falcon-punch

http://soundcloud.com/arendraby/new-idea-rough

[video=youtube;8liUaIGMEA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8liUaIGMEA0

[video=youtube;M17sX7AYcew]

• 1 year later...

Archived