Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Bare Knuckle Pickups' Trilogy Suite...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Bare Knuckle Pickups' Trilogy Suite...

...is the best single coil bridge pickup I've ever played. Meaty as can be, without losing the character of a single coil pickup.

Very Cool Story Bro.
    BG Pickups are awesome: www.norcalguitars.com

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Originally Posted by Guitarist+

I don't need your empathy.

Can it do br00tz?

Because, if not, it's ****************ING USELESS TO THE AMPZ FORUM.

Comment

Actually, yes. It can.

It's still a single coil, but it holds its own.

It also does country.

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Comment

^The ****************?

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Comment

Hmm.. I asked Tim about a seven string P90.

Unfortunately, he said it's not do-able.

But, he said he could do a seven string single coil.

Should I go with a Trilogy Suite neck? Do you have any experience with that?
          I like my cleans light and airy, but neck leads have to be thick and liquid-y.
          I'm sure I could get the lead tone out of my amp (or out of the Axe.. if I get one) but I gotta have that kleen toan.

Comment

Did you talk to Bryan at BG yet? I'd go there first, just cause it will be just as awesome for less $, thanks to the bull**************** exchange rate.

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Comment

And I haven't tried the Trilogy in the neck pos. I have another strat coming soon, and I'll probably order a full set of Trilogy's for it.

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Comment

Yeah, I've talked to BG.

Speaking of which, I need to PM him back..

Comment

Yeah dude, the Trilogies are just mindblowing! They are everything a modern single coil should be, but it takes no effort to get back to the classic single-coil tones at all. Amazing dirty, clean, whatever..
                  Band | Clips | Pics

Comment

I just got one for the neck position in my Juggy and a ceramic NailBomb for the bridge. I can't wait to get it wired up. The Warpig in my Jackson Dinky is killer. Very snarly!

Needs Tubes or strings: www.valvequeen.com
                    Authorized dealer of SED, GOLD LION, RUBY, TUNG SOL, JJ, SOVTEK, SVETLANA, DR, SIT...My band: www.foolscrown.com
                    Youtube: www.youtube.com/FCGUITARFacebook: www.facebook.com/valvequeen Tube questions: info at valvequeen dot com

Comment

A friend of mine has a Tele with a Piledriver in the bridge, sounds fantastic.
                      http://themissive.bandcamp.com
                      http://facebook.com/themissive

Comment

Talk about Trilogy Suite Bareknckle pick-ups. Yeah, they are sooooo expressive. If you're a player that likes to really slam a vintage style strat around, these pick-ups 'read' your attack very clearly and just melt. If you dabble in Paganini licks mixed with a blues style type of attack, these pick ups are for you. Get the middle pick-up reverse wound and put plating on the bottoms of all three. I have the wiring harness mounted on a thin aluminum plate with a polyurethane film .22mfd capacitor. I also have a '59 Fender custom shop relic'd reissue strat ('Knuckles') with a set of BKP 'SlowHands' and I really like/love it. I thought about piecing another one together ('Bones'--- a '62 relic'd master built Fender custom shop partscaster) this time with a set of Irish tours but I chose the Triligoy Suites instead. Glad I did. Now it's all together. I can't stop playing it. It's like a vintage strat pick-up plugged into a DOD overdrive pedal. Very tight with a snarly/dirty blues grit. Has a 'wetness' sound to it. What can I say these pick-ups are very cool. Very sensitive to your attack and 'wet' sounding. It's worth it to check them out. (I'm using a Marshall JVM 210 (100 watt head) and use a Vox VT-50 for small gigs. Boss GT-10 effects pedal. X-2 wireless connection.) 

Comment

Working...
                        X