We're all at guitarampboard

madrigal77

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm. I'm not seeing the quote on the mobile site. Lol. Oh well, at least there is a mobile format that has everything sized nice.. It's actually nicely streamlined.. And I'm sure they will eventually get that straightened out.. But honestly, for me, this site never really meant anything to me. I've met a number of members on here in real life and that's all well and good. Nice people. but I wouldn't ever really consider anyone I generally only converse with online to be a friend. There is just too much room for people to be dishonest. And I know there are some on here that certainly are. therefore I just don't see the need to be upset and rage quit cause of new colors, like M34t says. It's just silly to me. It's just an online community that will never mean much to me in life. I think most of these new little off shoot forums will be fine and have some members, but it won't be the same a this once was because it's not.. There simply will never be the traffic and huge amount of people, which is what made this place how it was. Because of that fact it will ruin what many of these guys who love the drama live for. Which is the shi.tfests and the little cliques would gang up on others to try and make themselves feel important.. Some really enjoyed that, and you would find the same people in every one of those threads.There simply won't be the sh.itfests that a lot of these guys loved being a part of on these new forums. Since the new forums are mostly people that"know" each other from here, they can't really start with each other..Honestly, I don't care, and maybe this is the wake up call a lot of these drama seekers and tough guys need in life, but I'm just pointing out what the biggest mouths on this forum will be missing.

Which is why this exodus before most even gave this forum a chance is just plain childish and silly. Everyone put up with the absolute horrible performance of this place for months, maybe even years, but everyone still stuck it out with all the problems. Now they tried to fix all the complaints, changed the colors and there are still bugs to be worked out, but it clearly works WAY better as far a actually loading and being able to post, Yet still, a bunch still threw a tantrum and took their ball and went home and started their own game.. Which is cool.. Billy does seem like a nice guy, so I'm sure that forum will be fine.. It'll be similar to maplifiers.. I spent time there for awhile, but eventually it just becomes about the group of people who really wanted to have their own forum and it just became something that wasn't as enjoyable to me when I wanted to kill time. The same thing is gonna happen to other fourths. It's like Rig Talk.. Weren't they all hcaf regulars too? But now, when the hcaf regulars talked about rig talk, it was generally condescending and how they are 80's coc.k rock losers, etc.. So the same thing will happen to Billy's forum. Eventually it'll create it's own personality, that will only appeal to a smaller amount of people.. The large scale and internet tough guy appeal of Hcaf was what allowed all the clusterfuc.ks. It was basically 4 Chan (which I've actually never been on, so I'm kinda guessing) but with a common love of music and gear.. Which only a handful of us actually made and posted music.lol. Which helps prove my point that most were here cause they loved drama and loved speaking (typing) to be heard. And assume if the off topic stiff was certainly fun.. Because of the size it did offer good feedback and obviously a lot of listens fir those who post music. if there is anything I'll miss, it's putting out my music to a large scale of anonymous people and getting feedback on it. But who knows, I think when these other forums start having to rely on actually sypporting itself on topics other than how much hcaf sucks or it how has no traffic or how stupid Anderton is, etc., and as long as this forum gets fixed I think many will come back. But many will have to eat their words, cause I've seen plenty of "I'll never go back even is it does get fixed.", or "I hope harmony central dies a slow painful death.." There is some crazy butthurt out there all because they changed formats.? And if I'm being 100% honest, usually I'm one who likes to keep things the same as long as it works, so even if they did fix the old format, it really did feel outdated and boring now that I actually think about it. I checked out Billy's forum and it reminds me of the old PV forum. And at the time PV ran that same format he is. I always felt it was "dated"feeling then.. And I remember when PV changed, there was only a handful of people who whined and complained. Eventually, everyone adapted and it was better. looking back, if it hadn't changed and was still the same ole, same ole, it would feel like going to your old aunts house who has the brown shag carpet and musty smell permeating thru the house. She Still has those fake jewels hanging from the lamps and the lamp shades are yellow.. Lol..

• Members

ENdtime wrote:

Hmm. I'm not seeing the quote on the mobile site. Lol. Oh well, at least there is a mobile format that has everything sized nice.. It's actually nicely streamlined.. And I'm sure they will eventually get that straightened out.. But honestly, for me, this site never really meant anything to me. I've met a number of members on here in real life and that's all well and good. Nice people. but I wouldn't ever really consider anyone I generally only converse with online to be a friend. There is just too much room for people to be dishonest. And I know there are some on here that certainly are. therefore I just don't see the need to be upset and rage quit cause of new colors, like M34t says. It's just silly to me. It's just an online community that will never mean much to me in life. I think most of these new little off shoot forums will be fine and have some members, but it won't be the same a this once was because it's not.. There simply will never be the traffic and huge amount of people, which is what made this place how it was. Because of that fact it will ruin what many of these guys who love the drama live for. Which is the shi.tfests and the little cliques would gang up on others to try and make themselves feel important.. Some really enjoyed that, and you would find the same people in every one of those threads.There simply won't be the sh.itfests that a lot of these guys loved being a part of on these new forums. Since the new forums are mostly people that"know" each other from here, they can't really start with each other..Honestly, I don't care, and maybe this is the wake up call a lot of these drama seekers and tough guys need in life, but I'm just pointing out what the biggest mouths on this forum will be missing.

Which is why this exodus before most even gave this forum a chance is just plain childish and silly. Everyone put up with the absolute horrible performance of this place for months, maybe even years, but everyone still stuck it out with all the problems. Now they tried to fix all the complaints, changed the colors and there are still bugs to be worked out, but it clearly works WAY better as far a actually loading and being able to post, Yet still, a bunch still threw a tantrum and took their ball and went home and started their own game.. Which is cool.. Billy does seem like a nice guy, so I'm sure that forum will be fine.. It'll be similar to maplifiers.. I spent time there for awhile, but eventually it just becomes about the group of people who really wanted to have their own forum and it just became something that wasn't as enjoyable to me when I wanted to kill time. The same thing is gonna happen to other fourths. It's like Rig Talk.. Weren't they all hcaf regulars too? But now, when the hcaf regulars talked about rig talk, it was generally condescending and how they are 80's coc.k rock losers, etc.. So the same thing will happen to Billy's forum. Eventually it'll create it's own personality, that will only appeal to a smaller amount of people.. The large scale and internet tough guy appeal of Hcaf was what allowed all the clusterfuc.ks. It was basically 4 Chan (which I've actually never been on, so I'm kinda guessing) but with a common love of music and gear.. Which only a handful of us actually made and posted music.lol. Which helps prove my point that most were here cause they loved drama and loved speaking (typing) to be heard. And assume if the off topic stiff was certainly fun.. Because of the size it did offer good feedback and obviously a lot of listens fir those who post music. if there is anything I'll miss, it's putting out my music to a large scale of anonymous people and getting feedback on it. But who knows, I think when these other forums start having to rely on actually sypporting itself on topics other than how much hcaf sucks or it how has no traffic or how stupid Anderton is, etc., and as long as this forum gets fixed I think many will come back. But many will have to eat their words, cause I've seen plenty of "I'll never go back even is it does get fixed.", or "I hope harmony central dies a slow painful death.." There is some crazy butthurt out there all because they changed formats.? And if I'm being 100% honest, usually I'm one who likes to keep things the same as long as it works, so even if they did fix the old format, it really did feel outdated and boring now that I actually think about it. I checked out Billy's forum and it reminds me of the old PV forum. And at the time PV ran that same format he is. I always felt it was "dated"feeling then.. And I remember when PV changed, there was only a handful of people who whined and complained. Eventually, everyone adapted and it was better. looking back, if it hadn't changed and was still the same ole, same ole, it would feel like going to your old aunts house who has the brown shag carpet and musty smell permeating thru the house. She Still has those fake jewels hanging from the lamps and the lamp shades are yellow.. Lol..

I agree with most of what you posted here. Most of the drama and tantrums was childish and frankly, pathetic. Starting to complain on day one, when it was clear that this forum was launched prematurely because the old one was falling apart. Nobody in their right mind would expect a finished article instantly.  

Already a lot of the functionality has been restored/fixed/added. With a few (user-made) codes/hacks, the place is looking a lot better already. Anyway, as you stated as well, the forum isn't important enough to me to make a big fuss. 

• Members

@ENdtime---quoting is somehow eluding me at this point. I agree with pretty much everything you say. I read the threads yesterday (day before?) where there some childish BS going on between you and another forumite. I don't know either of you personally, but I was moved at one point to reply but decided it really wasn't my fight or place to comment.

I have been hitting TGP and guitaramp board to a degree. I gotta say that after many years of this place running like a frozen turd, it shouldn't surprise ANYONE that is having relaunch issues. There are a lot of cliques and at times, I have the urge to stir the pot; only my urges go in the opposite direction. The whole forum bully thing has never been my bag, even though I can be the most good-natured yet sarcastic d*ck you will ever meet IRL. When I see that kind of thing happen, I have to take a step back and just shut my mouth. I think things will smooth out over time and maybe the largest online forum/community of musicians can get back to doing what we do with maybe a little less a-hole mentality? Not that there's anything wrong with that :)

• Members

@ Cavitation, there does not seem to be a quote or edit function on the mobile format.. And Ricky Booby was the one who started 2 threads about me. Who else?. The first one, because apparently I kinda mocked his lover/buddy Kc Kitty Chief.. Which ,like the thread KC just started awhile ago referring to how many posts in an hour. It just offers nothing but complaining or insults. And I find it funny to give back to those who are the constant drama seekers and big mouths, because they usually can't handle it all. And it turned out that they couldn't. Which is why R.B started a second thread about me with some lame story cause I got the best of him in that first thread, and also basically no one went along with his attempt at trolling me..lol. I think they deleted the 2nd tho.. he failed miserably in that one too. Like you, many times i just avoid that stupidity, but sometimes i get in my fun, because I can pretty much get under anybody's soon until steam is coming from their ears, but i keep it few and far between. I don't have the time or energy to continue those stupid arguments for longer than a few minutes typically. And some of those guys will go on for days.. Yeah, no thanks. I have a life to live.. But love it or hate it, that was absolutely part of the fabric of this forum, with some of those threads reaching dozens of pages..

Anyway, this whole thing is funny on sooooo many levels. I actually disagree with the reasoning that they didn't take anyone's suggestions.. When did they ask? And 2, why would they..? I mean, I know half this forum are experts in it, or so it seems.. I can't tell you how many times someone started a sentence with "I deal with customers all day long and this is not how you treat them.." Or "I set up the internet at my work and this is not how your switch formats.." Lol.. Really? Everyone has knowledge and the know how to do this on one of the biggest forums on the internet? And/or are customer service experts, like somehow their experience relates to this forum. Excuse me while I completely doubt that. And I'm not cutting the guys who did do this a break, since it's still knackered, but it's not hard to imagine that switching a forum/websites of this size could create a lot of unforeseen problems.. Granted, they have to get it fixed and excuses aren't really gonna cut it for much longer, but i can understand their(basically Anderton) short temper when all they're hearing is every body and their mother talking about how they could have done it.better, or they've "seen" other forums make the change and no one ever had any problems. People are just talking like entitled children who haven't ever done a thing in their life. I can see why they are getting talked down to. They are being annoying and acting.like children. I would talk down to most of the complainers as well. I just figure, give it all a bit of time to make it work. I know that's been said by many, especially the admins, but I honestly don't find it that hard to do.. I can easily go a month or so of a forum getting fixed which ends up slowing the forum down for awhile. Whoever had been here for the last little bit has dealt with it easily longer than that... Hell, I'm ok if they never get it fixed either.. I've wasted enough time on forums, and I've always considered it as such. If it never gets the traffic back, then so be it, I won't miss it.

Just a few years ago when I was in the process of moving and fixing up my new house, while still staying in the old. We Eventually, since we were only sleeping there, turned off the internet and cable in the old house and I didn't have it in the new house. I went 3 months without ever even going online.. I wish I never went back on! Lol.. It's one of humanity's biggest mistakes, taking all the personal contact of people and putting it instead on phones and computer screens, and creating a ton of people being dishonest and fake cause of the anonymous nature.. But that's another story. I'm not ready to blame that on HC.... Yet. Lol

• Members

ENdtime wrote:

~SNIPPED FOR SPACE~

Just a few years ago when I was in the process of moving and fixing up my new house, while still staying in the old. We Eventually, since we were only sleeping there, turned off the internet and cable in the old house and I didn't have it in the new house. I went 3 months without ever even going online.. I wish I never went back on! Lol.. It's one of humanity's biggest mistakes, taking all the personal contact of people and putting it instead on phones and computer screens, and creating a ton of people being dishonest and fake cause of the anonymous nature.. But that's another story. I'm not ready to blame that on HC.... Yet. Lol

Like any human endeavor, there is both great good and bad with this modern media. It does take away from our human interaction, and I see a lot of dysfunction now, let alone in the future, as it gets more invasive and pervasive. Imagine being "chipped" into the net?

And I am not sure why DJXSFERYEO/Ricky Bobby/Whoever gest such intense joy from being a random, anonymous internet toughguy @sshole. I do get the feeling he's probably a good dude IRL, he just buys into his online persona. Why waste the time? There's other, more productive things to waste time on, ha-ha.

But anyway, my point in responding was to emphasize the GOOD things about modern technology/internet. It should be an asset and assistant in our daily life, not change our personality and interactions. Just lik ebeing on the street, you have to ignore or avoid the trashy and dangerous. It's gonna be there....a big filter and thick skin is a neccessity! There's too much to learn and enjoy to give it ALL up.

• Members

ENdtime wrote:

@ Cavitation, there does not seem to be a quote or edit function on the mobile format..
And Ricky Booby was the one who started 2 threads about me. Who else?. The first one, because apparently I kinda mocked his lover/buddy Kc Kitty Chief.. Which ,like the thread KC just started awhile ago referring to how many posts in an hour. It just offers nothing but complaining or insults.
And I find it funny to give back to those who are the constant drama seekers and big mouths, because they usually can't handle it all. And it turned out that they couldn't. Which is why R.B started a second thread about me with some lame story cause I got the best of him in that first thread, and also basically no one went along with his attempt at trolling me..lol. I think they deleted the 2nd tho.. he failed miserably in that one too. Like you, many times i just avoid that stupidity, but sometimes i get in my fun, because I can pretty much get under anybody's soon until steam is coming from their ears, but i keep it few and far between. I don't have the time or energy to continue those stupid arguments for longer than a few minutes typically. And some of those guys will go on for days.. Yeah, no thanks. I have a life to live.. But love it or hate it, that was absolutely part of the fabric of this forum, with some of those threads reaching dozens of pages..

Anyway, this whole thing is funny on sooooo many levels. I actually disagree with the reasoning that they didn't take anyone's suggestions.. When did they ask? And 2, why would they..? I mean, I know half this forum are experts in it, or so it seems.. I can't tell you how many times someone started a sentence with "I deal with customers all day long and this is not how you treat them.." Or "I set up the internet at my work and this is not how your switch formats.." Lol.. Really? Everyone has knowledge and the know how to do this on one of the biggest forums on the internet? And/or are customer service experts, like somehow their experience relates to this forum. Excuse me while I completely doubt that. And I'm not cutting the guys who did do this a break, since it's still knackered, but it's not hard to imagine that switching a forum/websites of this size could create a lot of unforeseen problems.. Granted, they have to get it fixed and excuses aren't really gonna cut it for much longer, but i can understand their(basically Anderton) short temper when all they're hearing is every body and their mother talking about how they could have done it.better, or they've "seen" other forums make the change and no one ever had any problems. People are just talking like entitled children who haven't ever done a thing in their life. I can see why they are getting talked down to. They are being annoying and acting.like children. I would talk down to most of the complainers as well. I just figure, give it all a bit of time to make it work. I know that's been said by many, especially the admins, but I honestly don't find it that hard to do.. I can easily go a month or so of a forum getting fixed which ends up slowing the forum down for awhile. Whoever had been here for the last little bit has dealt with it easily longer than that... Hell, I'm ok if they never get it fixed either.. I've wasted enough time on forums, and I've always considered it as such. If it never gets the traffic back, then so be it, I won't miss it.

I just wanted to point out the extreme irony in this post.  Funny actually.  A 3 paragraph rant about people complaining or being insulting, yet goes on to complain and insult...

You are a real piece of work ENtime...

Archived