Marshall DSL cirucut board replacement

groovy13

• Members

I have a Marshall DSL 100 watt head circa 98' original owner.  OVer the past few years

I have had bad luck with tubes/sockets etc.  I have found out that the output board(part #201 I think)

was made too thin until around 2003/2004 which causes the board after a period of time to

just shoot voltage every which way. SOme have said this is more common with a TSL.  I have even had tube melt---yes melt onto the board.  I have ordered a new board and was wondering how difficult this is to install.(i can do minor sodering).  And, If I still need to have the amped rebiased even with matched tube sets?

Thank you

• Members

Try contacting Marshall or a factory authorized service center. I know there was an issue with some TSL circuit boards that caused the bias to skyrocket and melt tubes. Not sure about DSL's. I was a tech at a repair shop a while back and remember replacing PCB's under warranty.

• Members

Yes i have heard from a another tech that it happened in the TSL models. but y DSL is doing the same problem - the bias floats around becasue of the thin board then overheats and blows out tubes...I have had 3 tech repair it with new sockets and capacitors --this is my last resort

Archived