Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engl E530 effects loop... volume regulated?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl E530 effects loop... volume regulated?

So I'm trying to figure out a volume boost for solos. I built a lpb-1 clone to put in the effects loop of my engl for a huge clean boost, as the 'solo boost' built into the amp does hardly anything. I tested the boost through my at home rig.. an old marshall 3203. it was exactly what i needed, and literally just about probably doubled my volume if i maxed the pot. 

then i get to band rehearsal to try it in my actual rig.. my Engl. and it doesn't work. no matter where i set the pot (volume knob), the volume was the same, and it was slightly lower than if I had the effect switched off. I thought maybe the pedal broke.. but I threw it in front of the amp and the volume knob was working again. So what's going on that its not working in the loop? I need a way to boost this. 

I'm not sure, but if you could put the boost between the preamp and poweramp (a seperate one) it'll probably work really well there and is where I always used an eq with my Rockmaster pre and Classic 120 poweramp. The eq pedal there definitely could easily make the volume jump up.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

• cgibsong002
      cgibsong002 commented
      Editing a comment

i never even considered that. can i do that without harming either the pre or power? i suppose i would just use two regular instrument patch cables to run it from the pre to power? 

Working...
X