Okay...be honest...whyt can't I sell this amp? (not spam)

Steve2112

• Members

PLEASE...for the love of all things holy, tell me why!!!!

I will reveal more information. Suffice it to say I'm not giving it away, It's a Randall RG75D G3...and it looks exactly like this:

(edit: Oh hell....I'll just tell ya. I've had it for sale for 200 bucks for 4 months or more. Numerous ebays/craigslist. My Mustang III is more versatile, but not NEAR the metal tone this thing has. I know it's worth 200. Right?  : )

P1020807.JPG

• Members

I used to have a Randall RG100SC 2x12 combo. (that was bascially the precursor to the G3 series. They also made a 75W 1x12 version of the RG100SC, which would be the direct precursor to your amp)

Nice cleans. OD1 was crisp and crunchy, killer 80s metal tones. OD2 was a horrible midscooped mess. Sounded like the arses of a million bees. It was also incredibly noisy. In addition to that, the thing was ludicrously heavy.

I sold it to some kid by touting the fact that Dimebag played Randall amps and you could get that classic solid state distortion with this amp. Never underestimate the power of adolescent noobs to a) not know jack squat about gear b) buy things that sound like ass.

• Members

Blakkwater wrote:

I used to have a Randall RG100SC 2x12 combo. (that was bascially the precursor to the G3 series. They also made a 75W 1x12 version of the RG100SC, which would be the direct precursor to your amp)

Nice cleans. OD1 was crisp and crunchy, killer 80s metal tones. OD2 was a horrible midscooped mess. Sounded like the arses of a million bees. It was also incredibly noisy. In addition to that, the thing was ludicrously heavy.

I sold it to some kid by touting the fact that Dimebag played Randall amps and you could get that classic solid state distortion with this amp. Never underestimate the power of adolescent noobs to a) not know jack squat about gear b) buy things that sound like ass.

Yo cool story bro!:womanhappy:

Ya, I guess we all had to start somewhere in our amp buying pursuits. Kids have it so much better these days than 70's early 80s. . If Dime inspries the kid to play, then...who are we to judge.

The thing is, this amp actually sounds pretty good. Randall can do solid state. I don't notice much of a difference between OD1 and OD 2. I hitnk one is supposed to be modern and the other vintage, but I essentially use them as mid and high gain channels. I think the mid shift and the mid sweep controls really help get a good tone. This amp also has a closed back and huge bass!

• Members

You could list that amp for $100 and it might take awhile, but you will sell it. I'm willing to bet you will never sell it for $200. The guy on ebay listing his for $359 on Ebay is smoking crack when the guy who listed his for $149.99 hasn't gotten one bid. If it were me I would list at $200 BIN or best offer. I would take the first offer over $100. Maybe you have a bunch of dough into it or some sentimental value though. In which case I hope you like the amp!

• Members

SGRocker30 wrote:

You could list that amp for $100 and it might take awhile, but you will sell it. I'm willing to bet you will never sell it for $200. The guy on ebay listing his for $359 on Ebay is smoking crack when the guy who listed his for $149.99 hasn't gotten one bid. If it were me I would list at $200 BIN or best offer. I would take the first offer over $100. Maybe you have a bunch of dough into it or some sentimental value though. In which case I hope you like the amp!

I agree the 350 is too much. The 150? You gotta be kidding. Of all the {censored}TY amps that sell for much more? Tube amps included?

I paid more than 200 for it, but not a "bunch of dough". It served it's purpose when I needed it, but definitely not senti-metal. I think what I need to do is a clip or two. I bet you'd be surprised. The features are great (Sweepabl;e mids...are you kidding?), and the sound is very acceptable. I put up some clips and let you decide for yourself, da?

Archived