I'm going to start building high quality Tweed Deluxe clones and try to sell them cheaper:

jhall

• Members

Than the "boutique" builders.  They will be housed in very nice cabinets and will be "bullet proofed".

So if interested in one let me know.  I'll also probably do a Tweed Princeton too so that will be about five or six watts single ended (really just a 5e3 champ with a tweaked circuit and a little more filtering to tighten up the bass over a Champ).

I'm going to see if I can do it for 1/3 or 1/2 less than usual.

• Members

What do you consider high quality?

I built my own premium 5E3 based in my original 1960 Deluxe. I have about $800 in it because I was very picky about parts I would bput my build up against the best boutiques mostly because Inused them ad research and fr parts. If i had to sell them for income, I would nealry double that price to cover labor, shop/tools upkeep, self-employment tax, business/sales tax license and liability insurance. Still I would have to sell seceral a week to make anliving at it.

By comparison Richter, Cox and others all sell great, accurate, work-horse 5E3's for $900. Which I think is about bare minimum one could build nd sell for expecting a profit.

As is, more builders are getting out of Tweeds, especially 5E3's because the market is over-saturated and there aten't enough sales to go around.

• Members

Wyatt wrote:

What do you consider high quality?

I built my own premium 5E3 based in my original 1960 Deluxe. I have about $800 in it because I was very picky about parts I would bput my build up against the best boutiques mostly because Inused them ad research and fr parts. If i had to sell them for income, I would nealry double that price to cover labor, shop/tools upkeep, self-employment tax, business/sales tax license and liability insurance. Still I would have to sell seceral a week to make anliving at it.

By comparison Richter, Cox and others all sell great, accurate, work-horse 5E3's for $900. Which I think is about bare minimum one could build nd sell for expecting a profit.

As is, more builders are getting out of Tweeds, especially 5E3's because the market is over-saturated and there aten't enough sales to go around.

True

Archived