Startouch ST1-G AB Pedal - Great for a Dual Amp Rig

yell03

• Members

Just wanted to post up about a great AB pedal (I did not want ABY) if you want to run a dual amp rig.

I was going back and forth between the Radial or the Startouch, but if you value customer service and communication with the guy building your pedal, talk to Tony at Startouch.

I have two fairly high gain amps, a Egnater Tweaker 40 and a Jet City JCA22H.

For practicing or running a dual amp rig, I like to plug in to the AB pedal and switch between amps quickly with no unwanted pops.

This can be a problem with two high gainers, especially when leaving both amps in the high gain channel.

The Startouch ST1-G delivers, it sends the amp not in use to ground, so you get no bleedover or unwanted pops when switching.

The only noise I get from the amp not in use is a slight hum, but only if left on the high gain channel with the gain up.

There is no bleedover whatsoever.

The Startouch is completely passive, so no power is needed to run it, except for the LEDs.

For home use I do not even have a 9v battery in there, but on stage the Bright LEDs are there. You can even have it powered by a wall wart if you prefer not to use a battery, that is an extra cost option.

http://www.startouchpedals.com/product/ST1-G.html

• Members

Tony is the man.

I ordered an A/B/Y off him and he called me from Oregon on his dime to ask me about my rig to make sure I was getting exactly what I needed.

He then called after I got it to make sure I was happy with it.

Insane build quality and really good prices. I can't recommend him enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived