Krank Chadwick?

RaceU4her

• Members

Guys who like Krank amps don't like the Chadwick because it is Marshall-y and not metal enough.

Guys who like Marshall-y amps that aren't metal don't like the Chadwick because it says Krank.

If you fall into neither of those camps, this amp is awesome for the prices they go for now!
I have the single channel version, and it flat out rocks once you get the volume up. It is pretty fizzy at low volumes, but it's only a 50 watt amp so it's not at unmanageable volumes that it really comes alive.
Very unique controls, the drive knob controls the saturation of the preamp, and the envelope knob controls how hard the phase inverter is run.

I don't know if they all do, but mine came with Mercury Magnetics transformers to boot.

• Members

I use to have one. Its a decent amp but none seems to give it a chance because it says 'krank'..

I remember the clean Chan being very pristine and really nice sounding..
The drive Chan is basically jcm800ish but with a little different flavor..

Its also super light and there isn't tons of gain..
But if you boost it with a screamer you are basically 80's metal territory.

• Members

My Krank Nineteen80 head does the modded '80s Marshall thing extremely well,though it doesn't have quite as much preamp gain on tap as my RevPro Jr. head.I believe that the Nineteen80 was Krank's attemp at adding a bit to the preamp gain of the Chadwick,though I might be wrong about such.

Ed

• Members

someday ill get mine back cry.gif fuckin more of a marshall then actual marshalls icon_lol.gif traded it for a PA system for a band that then went to shit like 3 months later cry.gif

chadwickCL.jpg

edit: guitar center has one in the used section #51 so it will be a singlke channel one like whats pictured above. its blue.

549$

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC View Post
someday ill get mine back cry.gif fuckin more of a marshall then actual marshalls icon_lol.gif traded it for a PA system for a band that then went to shit like 3 months later cry.gif

chadwickCL.jpg

edit: guitar center has one in the used section #51 so it will be a singlke channel one like whats pictured above. its blue.

549$

theres a couple two channel ones for 399 and 499. i have a christmas party im going to later which i will be drinking heavy, im going to leave the page on my screen so when i come back i wont be able to hold back

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RaceU4her

View Post

theres a couple two channel ones for 399 and 499. i have a christmas party im going to later which i will be drinking heavy, im going to leave the page on my screen so when i come back i wont be able to hold back

This is an excellent idea. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RaceU4her

View Post

lol so did you do it?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by flyingrhoads View Post
I have a stein1 and I can hit brown notes all day long, be sure to wear extra undies when you play the chadwick

For the record, I mean that in a good way icon_lol.gif
I take it you ended up liking the Stein? If you really wanna open it up..get the mercury transformer for a 100 watt jcm 800. There are better amps sure...but with the right boost and somebody that knows how to dial it in, they are killer.

I have yet to play a rev.....

• 1 month later...

Archived