Randall LynchBox 4x12? Eminence Super V's?

zer0psi

• Members

I found a great deal locally on a Randalll LynchBox 4x12 cabinet.  Looks-wise I feel there's few finer, with its gatorskin tolex, tan grillecloth, and gold piping/skull logo - sexy!  I know the construction is top quality and overall, it's a great straight cab.  I've heard/read wonderful things about the Eminence Super V12's this particular one is equipped with - anyone have any experience/info/opinions on this cab?

Thanks!

• Members

Played through one a couple years back, but I now wonder if it was loaded with Super V speakers or Greenbacks (towards the end of the Lynchbox Mk1 era they had Greenies - fact check at the Randall forums)

*my* personal experience with Super Vs left me dissappointed.  I had them in a 2x12 Avatar cab - not the best cab, but certainly not the worst - and I found them to be very bass heavy (which is the consensus), and not a whole lot of top end.  I bet they sound better in a 4x12, especially the Lynchbox cab.

I may be part of the rare crowd that didn't like the Super V's, and I hope I am because I do think they are great speakers with the right setup.

Archived