Roland JC-120 Effects Loop

bumpdacutz

• Members

I just bought a Vintage Roland JC-120 and I love how it sounds, the only thing is I really wish it had an effects loop. I like to use the chorus on the amp but I wish I could put it in a signal path before my delay and reverb pedals. Is there a way to install one without messing up the electronics, or another way to put the chorused signal into my pedals before it goes to the speaker?

• Members

Older JC-120s don't have an FX loop, but I believe newer ones do have the added FX loop. My JC-55 doesn't have one and, like you, would love to have delay in the loop. However, since I mostly play clean arpeggios with the JC, I can get away with running the delay in front of the amp. It shouldn't be a big deal to mod the amp to add a post-preamp fx loop though.

• Members

bumpdacutz wrote:

I just bought a Vintage Roland JC-120 and I love how it sounds, the only thing is I really wish it had an effects loop. I like to use the chorus on the amp but I wish I could put it in a signal path before my delay and reverb pedals. Is there a way to install one without messing up the electronics, or another way to put the chorused signal into my pedals before it goes to the speaker?

It would be farily invasive to add a stereo loop to the solid-state, PCB-based JC-120...you would be looking at building a buffer daughter board, routing power supply to it, etc.

It is needs to be stereo because the complication comes form the stereo setup and the stereo chorus.  The way the JC-120/CE-1 stereo chorus works is a wet/dry setup

Archived