Fender Super Champ X2

BryceS33

• Members

I'm sure that there have been a million posts about this amp since it was released but why does it seem, in general, that everybody thinks channel 2 sounds like dog sh*t?  I've had this amp for about 6 months now and every time I play it I find myself falling more and more in love with it.  Channel 1 offers pristine cleans and with channel 2 I have dialed in (with Fender Fuse) a fantastic sound for my high gain tones.  I simply love this amp.  Today I will be swapping out the factory speaker for a Weber signature alnico 10 speaker.  I'm hoping that this will make quite a difference in the tone of the amp when it is pushed to higher volumes.  I will also be swapping out the preamp tube for a JJ 12AX7 and I will be putting in some JJ 6V6 power tubes in the next couple of months.  So, what are your opinions of channel 2 on the Super Champ X2?

• Members

I think that a lot of people have convinced themselves that Channel 1 is somehow a pure tube analog

channel that is not part of the modeling circuit .

This makes them feel better about playing with it. 

Channel 1 is apparently # 4 of the 16 voices, possibly wth more gain.

And it makes sense to put it there as the blackface models have somewhat less internal gain and so can take some pedals better.

I have a Vibro Champ, so I only have channel 2. It is good. The tweed voices really work for me.

Archived