X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super Champ X2

I'm sure that there have been a million posts about this amp since it was released but why does it seem, in general, that everybody thinks channel 2 sounds like dog sh*t?  I've had this amp for about 6 months now and every time I play it I find myself falling more and more in love with it.  Channel 1 offers pristine cleans and with channel 2 I have dialed in (with Fender Fuse) a fantastic sound for my high gain tones.  I simply love this amp.  Today I will be swapping out the factory speaker for a Weber signature alnico 10 speaker.  I'm hoping that this will make quite a difference in the tone of the amp when it is pushed to higher volumes.  I will also be swapping out the preamp tube for a JJ 12AX7 and I will be putting in some JJ 6V6 power tubes in the next couple of months.  So, what are your opinions of channel 2 on the Super Champ X2?

Guitars: Hamer SATF (heavily modded)<br>Yamaha 120sd<br>Amps: Orange TH30h<br>Fender Super Champ X2<br>Cabs: Jet City JCA48ST<br>Fender SC112<br>Pedals: Digitech Timebender<br>Hardwire RV-7

I think that a lot of people have convinced themselves that Channel 1 is somehow a pure tube analog

channel that is not part of the modeling circuit .

This makes them feel better about playing with it. 

Channel 1 is apparently # 4 of the 16 voices, possibly wth more gain.

And it makes sense to put it there as the blackface models have somewhat less internal gain and so can take some pedals better.

I have a Vibro Champ, so I only have channel 2. It is good. The tweed voices really work for me.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Fender-TeleSonic Tele Elite, ProJr, 75Amp, '67 Bassman w/212 cab<br />
    Gretsch- 71 Nashville, 2003 New Nashville<br />
    Gibson- 76 LP '55 model<br />
    BC Rich- 1977 Koa Eagle deluxe<br />
    Martin- 1972 D-35<br />
    Mesa Boogie-Subway Blues w/12&quot; EVM 12L-F cab.<br />
    Assorted fun toys and boxes of joy.<br />
    &quot;Many are cold, few are frozen&quot;</font></div>

Comment

• fly135
      fly135 commented
      Editing a comment

I have the XD and think voice #9 with a humbucker equipped guitar sounds great.

I love everything about that amp, sounds great imho

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="purple">Randall Army</font><br />
    <font color="Blue"><b>Equiperate EMGers Club</b></font><br />
    <font color="Cyan">Member Of The €piphone Empire</font><br />
    Gear:<font size="1"><br />
    <font color="SeaGreen">Randall RM100KH + RS412KHX<br />
    Ltd and Epiphone guitars<br />
    Tonepros bridges<br />
    Sperzel locking tuners<br />
    Emg pickups<br />
    Lava cable<br />
    Dunlop accessories</font></font></div>

Comment

Working...