5153 vs Bogner Ecstasy . . .

sahlomonic

• Members

Hypothetically, if one were to buy a 3 channel amp, would it be worth getting a used 5153 for half the price of a used Ecstasy? I'm familiar with the 5153, and I know it can go from nice cleans to great crunch and can easily go the brootz route, but can the Ecstasy perform as heavy? I'm not really a brootz player, but time to time I enjoy doing some Sevendust type music. What say u HCAF? Who has experience with both?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

Hypothetically, if one were to buy a 3 channel amp, would it be worth getting a used 5153 for half the price of a used Ecstasy? I'm familiar with the 5153, and I know it can go from nice cleans to great crunch and can easily go the brootz route, but can the Ecstasy perform as heavy? I'm not really a brootz player, but time to time I enjoy doing some Sevendust type music. What say u HCAF? Who has experience with both?

The ecstasy gets heavy dude...The onboard boost on the lead channel gets you up there. You're welcome to play mine to decide.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

The ecstasy gets heavy dude...The onboard boost on the lead channel gets you up there. You're welcome to play mine to decide.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
Would love to take you up on the offer sometime dude. Whenever you have time . . .

About the Ecstasy's boost, what can you tell me about it - as in what kind of boost. Volume? Gain? Mids?

I like the dead simplicity of the 5153 layout, but I also like the tweaking options you can do with the XTC.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
Would love to take you up on the offer sometime dude. Whenever you have time . . .

About the Ecstasy's boost, what can you tell me about it - as in what kind of boost. Volume? Gain? Mids?

I like the dead simplicity of the 5153 layout, but I also like the tweaking options you can do with the XTC.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic View Post

From what I've heard it's pretty much just a gain boost...Though, on the green channel, it bumps the volume up too, which makes me think it's a gain boost...But on the lead channel, since you're so compressed as it is, there isn't really a volume boost...I don't really know actually, I'll have to mess with it tomorrow at practice icon_lol.gif

The Ecstasy is simple, don't let all the switches fool you. What's cool is, the knobs work well no matter where the switches are set. Messing with the Pre-EQ switches just changes the sound of the settings you've chosen. It's actually pretty fucking cool. Because you don't have to change your knobs or settings to mess with the switches.

But yeah dude, come take the thing for a test drive. It's at Matt's house...If Matt is available Saturday, we could do it then. I'll ask him tomorrow.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic View Post

From what I've heard it's pretty much just a gain boost...Though, on the green channel, it bumps the volume up too, which makes me think it's a gain boost...But on the lead channel, since you're so compressed as it is, there isn't really a volume boost...I don't really know actually, I'll have to mess with it tomorrow at practice icon_lol.gif

The Ecstasy is simple, don't let all the switches fool you. What's cool is, the knobs work well no matter where the switches are set. Messing with the Pre-EQ switches just changes the sound of the settings you've chosen. It's actually pretty fucking cool. Because you don't have to change your knobs or settings to mess with the switches.

But yeah dude, come take the thing for a test drive. It's at Matt's house...If Matt is available Saturday, we could do it then. I'll ask him tomorrow.

Archived