Collapse
No announcement yet.

5153 vs Bogner Ecstasy . . .

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the VHT sig:X and/or ultra lead?

There are tons of cool amps out there but if you are set on the XTC then that is what I would get if its thing is the no1 trick you want.
    "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

There are tons of cool amps out there but if you are set on the XTC then that is what I would get if its thing is the no1 trick you want.
      "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
            View Post

The Ectasy that I played on had about the same, if not more gain than my Nitro

ah I missed this. my nitro does heavy tones way better than the xtc I owned. on a side note the xtc was better than my original 08 nitro but I like almost every amp I have owned better than that ****************er
            no more sig

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
              View Post

The Ectasy that I played on had about the same, if not more gain than my Nitro

ah I missed this. my nitro does heavy tones way better than the xtc I owned. on a side note the xtc was better than my original 08 nitro but I like almost every amp I have owned better than that ****************er
              no more sig

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tech21man
                View Post

Played a Sig:X for a few minutes too at the ampfest. Like I told Misle, I think I was too intimidated by all the knobs and switches to really get into it. Can't remember what channel I was on, but it sounded brutal through the G-flex cab. I've heard some people who aren't too into the VHT type sound is because it's 'too dry' sounding.

Thing is, the XTC has been on my list longer than any other amp. I'll admit at this point its more of wanting to check that box rather than to say it's the best and last amp I'll ever own. There are just some things I hear even on YouTube vids that make me think I'd really enjoy it.
                Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

View Post

Played a Sig:X for a few minutes too at the ampfest. Like I told Misle, I think I was too intimidated by all the knobs and switches to really get into it. Can't remember what channel I was on, but it sounded brutal through the G-flex cab. I've heard some people who aren't too into the VHT type sound is because it's 'too dry' sounding.

Thing is, the XTC has been on my list longer than any other amp. I'll admit at this point its more of wanting to check that box rather than to say it's the best and last amp I'll ever own. There are just some things I hear even on YouTube vids that make me think I'd really enjoy it.
                  Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

And what better thing than to be inspired by gear and play? **************** it and go buy one because, whichever amp you buy instead of it such as the nitro or VHT will do its own thing and you'll want the XTC thing anyway...don't end up putting an XTC blue pedal or red in a clean channel of another amp if what you want is the real one. In the end buy the XTC and another amp alltogether.

Comment

And what better thing than to be inspired by gear and play? **************** it and go buy one because, whichever amp you buy instead of it such as the nitro or VHT will do its own thing and you'll want the XTC thing anyway...don't end up putting an XTC blue pedal or red in a clean channel of another amp if what you want is the real one. In the end buy the XTC and another amp alltogether.

Comment

View Post

Sound advice. Time to save up and actually go for it.

Comment

View Post

Sound advice. Time to save up and actually go for it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by magh8
                            View Post

I agree that the Nitro does heavier tones better for sure, but I really liked the XTC allot. I am considering buying one if I can find the right deal sometime in the near future.
                            Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

Originally Posted by madryan

That's the problem with Marshalls... They cut right through.

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

Kinda how I quit drinking for a long time. That was lame so I started again

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by magh8
                              View Post

I agree that the Nitro does heavier tones better for sure, but I really liked the XTC allot. I am considering buying one if I can find the right deal sometime in the near future.
                              Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

Originally Posted by madryan

That's the problem with Marshalls... They cut right through.

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

Kinda how I quit drinking for a long time. That was lame so I started again

Comment

If you can afford it, XTC all the way imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X