I have a junk car I need to junk... where to junk?

again with this

• Members

Greetings den of scum. Can anyone reccomend a place that
pays well
for a
salvage vehicle
? :poke:

Already spoke to Pick n Pull and Copart.
:wave:

Oh, this IS amp related... proceeds of said junked junker will be converted into amp GAS fund.
:p

I think you are wishing for mutually exclusive things here.

I have no real advice, but good luck!

• Members

You can always take it to a scrap metal company. I don't know if they are national or not, but near us we have Omnisource and CRG metals. Depending on the market, they pay somewhere between 10 to 15 dollars for each 100 pounds you bring them...they pay more per 100 pounds if the car is already stripped and is metal only. So maybe try removing the seats and accessories and selling them for parts and haul the shell over to the scrapyard :idk: Or if you are just in a rush for money you can probably find a towing company who'd pay you a couple hundred bucks for the car so they can haul it to the scrap yard themselves...depending on how much the car weighs it'd be worth 300-500 bucks at the scrap yard.

• Members

Try to run a CL ad selling the car for parts and see what offers you can get. It's free so
:idk:

Yeah... maybe... :idk: I kinda don't wanna go through the hassle. I sorta think I'm not going to get a whole lot more from an independent party. Guess it's worth a try. It will still be junk next week if nobody buys off CL. All I have to lose is time.

• Members

Yeah... maybe...
I kinda don't wanna go through the hassle. I sorta think I'm not going to get a whole lot more from an independent party. Guess it's worth a try.
It will still be junk next week if nobody buys off CL. All I have to lose is time.

Exactly. No hassle at all. Just respond to offers you like, delete the ones not worth responding to. Give it a week and if nothing happens, take it to a junkyard and get what you can get out of it.

• Members

If your looking strictly for cash then a good junkyards is your best bet - Just make sure that you have the car title in your possesion when u bring it to them or some dumb {censored} is possible!! :cop:

Metal-commodities prices are pretty high right now, so u can get a decent buck for your car if u junk it. I got about $300 for mine about 6 months ago and im told if i did it today i could get about $400-$450ish, thats not bad for a junker imo..

• Members

I might be able to give it a week or two on CL, but no way am I waiting until taxes next year for charity donation. I really just want to be rid of the damn thing, but I don't want to find out in a month that I could have gotten twice wat I did unowaddImean?

Oh and RB, insurance has already totalled it, so that's out. :cop:

• Members

lot of places accept donated cars , even if not running and give you a receipt for a estimated value you can write off .

This. Lots of cancer research foundations take old cars and you get a write off.....plus, they pick it up.

• Members

[

If your looking strictly for cash then a good junkyards is your best bet - Just make sure that you have the car title in your possesion when u bring it to them or some dumb {censored} is possible!!
:cop:

Metal-commodities prices are pretty high right now, so u can get a decent buck for your car if u junk it. I got about $300 for mine about 6 months ago and im told if i did it today i could get about $400-$450ish, thats not bad for a junker imo..

If I really wanted to milk it, I could part it out myself on CL, then dump the hull at a scrap yard. I am willing to sacrifice a little cash for the sake of expediency. I want this mother{censored}er off MY lawn nao!

• Members

[

If I really wanted to milk it, I could part it out myself on CL, then dump the hull at a scrap yard. I am willing to sacrifice a little cash for the sake of expediency. I want this mother{censored}er off MY lawn nao!

Then I'd go with my second suggestion, calling a towing company. Tell them you have title in hand, and they'll be willing to give you cash to haul it away, knowing that the scrap yard will pay them for it.

• Members

This. Lots of cancer research foundations take old cars and you get a write off.....plus, they pick it up.

yup and they'll shoot right over and get it , look in the classifieds or do a search for them in your area .

• Members

Donating it and taking the tax write off will work better for you than whatever cash you can get or trade in value.

For example a car worth $400 or $500 as "trade in value" by the dealer might be valued at $2,000 when donated to a charity...which might equate to $700 off your tax obligation to Uncle Sam if you itemize deductions....and you're helping out a charity.

• Members

Okay... Okay... I will look into charities. I know I would feel good about it and the few hundred dollars cash in hand I would get from any salvage operation won't go very far toward getting into a new vehcle.

The perfect storm = A charity that will give me cash in hand.

• Members

Greetings den of scum. Can anyone reccomend a place that pays well for a salvage vehicle? :poke:

Already spoke to Pick n Pull and Copart.
:wave:

Oh, this IS amp related... proceeds of said junked junker will be converted into amp GAS fund.
:p

I am in Ohio and scrap cars go for 215.00 per ton here so about 300.00 for a car approx. I would just look around and call some junk yards and see. The will want the car delivered but you might be able to work it out if the car is not serviceable. They will just take it off the 300.00. Also here they will want your title and your driver license to verify the car belongs to you before they buy it.

Archived