Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a junk car I need to junk... where to junk?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[

If I really wanted to milk it, I could part it out myself on CL, then dump the hull at a scrap yard. I am willing to sacrifice a little cash for the sake of expediency. I want this mother****************er off MY lawn nao!

Then I'd go with my second suggestion, calling a towing company. Tell them you have title in hand, and they'll be willing to give you cash to haul it away, knowing that the scrap yard will pay them for it.
    GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

This. Lots of cancer research foundations take old cars and you get a write off.....plus, they pick it up.

yup and they'll shoot right over and get it , look in the classifieds or do a search for them in your area .
      "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

call the salvation army they will pick it up, but you have to have the title make sure you have that.
        Check out my clips at: www.soundclick.com/purplenurple

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

You've pretty much just become my new Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. And you can sig that.

Originally Posted by richardcouch

mother ****************ing finish 1 mother ****************ing tune

Originally Posted by Murdoch

LAWL

nurp, you could jarsquat a wine barrel if it was filled with gear.

Originally Posted by abecon5

do me now. you are my kind of whore.

avoid at all costs: Jbrazz, Indianscout and Aporcelainsky

Comment

Donating it and taking the tax write off will work better for you than whatever cash you can get or trade in value.

For example a car worth $400 or $500 as "trade in value" by the dealer might be valued at $2,000 when donated to a charity...which might equate to $700 off your tax obligation to Uncle Sam if you itemize deductions....and you're helping out a charity.
          "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

Okay... Okay... I will look into charities. I know I would feel good about it and the few hundred dollars cash in hand I would get from any salvage operation won't go very far toward getting into a new vehcle.

The perfect storm = A charity that will give me cash in hand.

Comment

Greetings den of scum. Can anyone reccomend a place that pays well for a salvage vehicle? oke:

Already spoke to Pick n Pull and Copart.

Oh, this IS amp related... proceeds of said junked junker will be converted into amp GAS fund.

I am in Ohio and scrap cars go for 215.00 per ton here so about 300.00 for a car approx. I would just look around and call some junk yards and see. The will want the car delivered but you might be able to work it out if the car is not serviceable. They will just take it off the 300.00. Also here they will want your title and your driver license to verify the car belongs to you before they buy it.

Comment

Here's another question... I have been asked if the title is "clean". What exactly does this mean?

Comment

Here's another question... I have been asked if the title is "clean". What exactly does this mean?

Is the title branded at all? IE salvage, rebuild, flood, etc.
                  GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

Comment

Is the title branded at all? IE salvage, rebuild, flood, etc.

No but... I was in an accident last year and I was supposed to re-register the car as a salvage since the insurance totalled it, but I never did. So, maybe

Comment

No but... I was in an accident last year and I was supposed to re-register the car as a salvage since the insurance totalled it, but I never did. So, maybe

For the sake of being on the up and up, still tell them no, salvage title.

The Band

Good Transactions

Comment

For the sake of being on the up and up, still tell them no, salvage title.

Agreed. Thanks

Comment

Donating it and taking the tax write off will work better for you than whatever cash you can get or trade in value.

For example a car worth $400 or $500 as "trade in value" by the dealer might be valued at $2,000 when donated to a charity...which might equate to $700 off your tax obligation to Uncle Sam if you itemize deductions....and you're helping out a charity.

I don't know of any charities that are going to claim that you gave them a car worth 4-5x what it really is worth.
                          Main Rig:
                          LTD EC1000
                          Peavey 6505+
                          Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                          TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                          Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                          M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Put a Bugera on the back seat, crank it, walk away.

Fire, bro.

Somebody else's mess then. Say it was stolen. Insurance payout. Whatever.

Comment

We have a place in our city that crushes them. Just send it to me and I'll have them crush it for you. USPS is fine.
                              MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

megasaurus wants to eat your car

strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Working...
                                X