Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's musicman amps

anyone else here into them? i,ve owned two hd 130,s,one 6l6 and one el 34 powered,currently own a 2:10 ,65 watt 1974 musicman.i've played preety much played everything ampwise and find these to be the best for me.Any love for leo's step children?

Ran one all tuber in the 80's next to a Marshall Town and Country (see pic)....was a great amp.

I paid something like $1100 in 1980 or so for the Marshall brand new in Arizona somewhere.

Picked up the Music Man somewhere in New Mexico around the same time:

Comment

That reminds me, I have one of these:

in my closet that's been needing to go to see a tech for something like 4 years now . It was an okay amp before it died on me, but not really for me.

Comment

you still rock that zentman?,damn those two together musta been something.

Comment

you still rock that zentman?,damn those two together musta been something.

I had an AB switch and could also run together driven by my Roland Stereo Chorus tape delay. No...I do snax stuff now...those are long gone.

Comment

I used to have this 50RD

It was a cool little amp. Decent cleans and great reverb, but nothing really spectacular about it.
            Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

Comment

so i guess i"m the only one around here totaly in love with these amps?cool! the price won"t go up when i'm lookin fer another one,that'll show yer.

Comment

I had a small combo, 2x10. Can't remember the model number. Wish I never got rid of it. Great amp.
                The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

I played one in the High School Jazz band for 2 years many years ago (RD 65 combo)

Nice amp.
                  Mesa Boogie MK III
                  Marshall DSL 50
                  JCA 20H
                  ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                  Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
                  Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
                  Fender HM Strat
                  Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

I love them. You can get any 70's tone straight up with no pedals. Here's a partial of my MM collection.MM Amps.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Albert Lee still plays 'em.

Comment

I've got one that I love.

I was thinking of selling it, since 130 watts is a little much for the house, but my wife likes how it looks, so I guess I get to keep it AND get a lower wattage amp!01.JPG

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X