X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha guitar amplifier gIII series g 100-212 III

hi im new to these forums. but i need a lil help if at all possible.

i have a yamaha g3 series from like the 1980s. works beautifully but i would like to find the owners manual so i can use it to its full potential. the problem is that the yamaha web site only has a manual for the dg series. which is an entirely different model. i have found a site that seems to have the manual, but it charges 15 bucks for it and id rather get it for free cause im broke lol.

so my question is to anyone out there do you know of any place at all that i can get this manual (for free)? or if any one has the exact same model and miraculously has the manual and can email me a copy of it? it would be very much apreciated.

or if none of that is an option maybe if someone has this model and knows of a good setting to get a kick as heavy metal distortion with out any effects pedals or processors (again im totally broke or id just buy some effects) that would help out alot too.

Here you go. HC has a users review page as well and has near every piece of guitar related equipment commented on.
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Yamaha/G100_212_III-1.html
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Squier 51 - (stock)<br />
    Gibson The Paul II - (Emg 81/Emg 60)<br />
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom - (Custom Custom/APII)<br />
    Peavey V-Type LTD - (Super Distortion/Air Norton)<br />
    Laney GH50L/Peavey 4x12 MS<br />
    Line 6 Spider Valve 112<br />
    Pod Pro 2.0 <br />
    <br />
    _____________________<br />
    The Laney Posse<br />
    The Epiphone Empire<br />
    Band : InSaenZ <br />
    <a href="http://www.myspace.com/insaenzrocks" target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/insaenzrocks</a><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Good deals: valvedriventone,vchizzle, luker_x, marder explorer,hcprimerib(x2).<br />
    <br />
    RIP Leopardstar aka Johnny</div>

Comment

yeah thank you. but i have already read through all of that, but it didnt quiet give me the info i need other then how to get my headphone jack to work and that i can get a manual by calling yamaha. but i believe they will charge me for it, which i would rather avoid haveing to spend any dough.

Comment

What do you need to know about the amp? Featurewise is it setup like the old Yamaha preamp I have?

If so you can download the manual off the Yamaha web site.

Comment

no thats not my amp ill put some pic up in a min so bare with me. i have looked at yamaha.com and they do nit have my model anywere on the site products, manuals etc.

Comment

Originally posted by carnage87
            no thats not my amp ill put some pic up in a min so bare with me. i have looked at yamaha.com and they do nit have my model anywere on the site products, manuals etc.

Ive been looking for a manual for you also and havent found a free one yet but its still early.:thu:
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Squier 51 - (stock)<br />
            Gibson The Paul II - (Emg 81/Emg 60)<br />
            Epiphone Les Paul Custom - (Custom Custom/APII)<br />
            Peavey V-Type LTD - (Super Distortion/Air Norton)<br />
            Laney GH50L/Peavey 4x12 MS<br />
            Line 6 Spider Valve 112<br />
            Pod Pro 2.0 <br />
            <br />
            The Laney Posse<br />
            The Epiphone Empire<br />
            Band : InSaenZ <br />
            <a href="http://www.myspace.com/insaenzrocks" target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/insaenzrocks</a><br />
            <br />
            <br />
            Good deals: valvedriventone,vchizzle, luker_x, marder explorer,hcprimerib(x2).<br />
            <br />
            RIP Leopardstar aka Johnny</div>

Comment

Originally posted by V-Type

Ive been looking for a manual for you also and havent found a free one yet but its still early.:thu:

awsome i need all the help i can get thanks. still working on the images my computers being lame.

Comment

ill have a pic of the entire amp up in a lil bit photobuckets slow as hell on dial up

this is the clean channel

this is the distortion channel

this is the parametric eq

this explains itself lol

Comment

heres a pic of the entire amp front

Comment

bumping to see if any one else can help

Comment

im guessing the manual wont do you much good for what youre looking for

you could just try asking your questions in here?
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">www.google.com</div>

Comment

im sure the manual wont give me all the answers to the questions i have. but it would be nice to have just in case any problems do arise with my amp.

and yes i have searched google over and over again and am even still at this moment typing in all kinds of things just to get even the slightest bit of info i can. but still i am haveing no luck other then finding this site.

Comment

It's nice to have a manual.

IS there anything specific you want to know?

I *did* notice you have some EQ settings dimed. Don't see that too often.

Comment

yeah actually there is something i would like to know id like to know how to fine tune the eq to get some good sounds out of the distortion. ive fiddled with it but im never happy with the results for long. itll sound good when i first set it then ill come back to it and it will sound like crap to me.

also id like to know if my mid boost is working properly. im supposed to pull out the gain knob and i guess hear a noticable difference in tone but i cant seem to tell the difference if there is one at all.

Comment

On mine (my preamp from that era) the key is the parametric EQ, I think mine is set at about 9 O'clock on Freq, 3 O'clock Level, and Noon on Q. And have Volume pot pulled.

Comment

Working...
                              X