SG or Telecaster??

IndianGiver

• Members

Hey guys, I'm having a hard time deciding on what to buy. I've narrowed it down to a Fender Road Worn Telecaster in black and an SG Standard in black. The only guitar I own at this point is a 2003 SG Standard in natural burst, which I love, I will never get sick of this guitar nor will I ever part with it.

I'm wondering if I should just buy another of what I love or try out the tele? And before someone asks, yes I've had extensive playing time on both guitars. I like them both.

• Members

Why do you need two guitars?  If the answer is because you need a specific sound then buy the guitar which will give you that sound.  Need a tele sound? buy a tele.  Need something with p90s?  get something with p90s.  you already have an SG, do you need another one?

• Members

I'm from the school of having a few different tools in the kit...so I vote TELE!

Man a good SG is pretty sweet right? Like a Cadillac with a dragster underneath. Yes...a Tele will be very different. However, different CAN be a great thing. Feldman (Eagles) said they (he and Walsh) would PURPOSELY choose different guitars to thicken and expand their sound. Hotel California was done with an LP and Tele.

For more than 20 years I owned every kind of guitar BUT a Tele. Why do I need one? Well....I finally decided to pull the trigger- sight unseen- on a Mexican FSR @ $399. It is a FANTASTIC guitar at that price point. Truly versatile, easy and fun to play. It's my only electric flat top. Jazz....country...blues...hard rock...it's all there. A friend brought over his JVM and he struck a couple Van Halen chords and we were both BLOWN A---WAY! I don't even believe it and I was there.

It will be different from your SG. I say- in a good way.

These aren't mine- but it's the exact guitar there in the middle:

a

Archived