Vinnie Vincent Gear?

hairmetal

• Members

I'm curious also....I remember being really stoned, turning on a strobe light, and listening to the very end of that tape...where he does this air siren thing...freaked out my buddy....

go ahead, give it a try...you'll thank me.

:wave:

• Members

It's listed inside the cd sleeve.

Vinnie Vincent Jackson guitar. EMG and Seymour Duncan pickups.

Randall, Carvin, and Marshall amps with Celestion speakers.

Nady wireless.

No pedals or outboard gear was used anywhere on the album.

I'm not a fan of his sound on that record.

He improved it and his songwriting on his second release w/ Mark Slaughter--"All Systems Go".

• Members

Originally posted by hairmetal

What bout the gear for all systems go?

Jackson guitars w/ Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, and Barcus Berry pups.

Washburn 6/12 string acoustics.

Laney, Marshall, and Randall amps w/ Celestions.

Amp modifications performed by Chuck Onkst.

Eventide and Vesta-Fire signal processors. Jim Dunlop picks, Ernie Ball strings, Lifeline cords.

• Members

I like his tone on the first Invasion cd. He used a few different amps to record with, a Marshall that was modified by Lee Jackson and a Laney head that was modified with an internal eq were the main amps he used i think.

At the time he was using EMG pickups mainly and maybe some type of Seymour Duncan.

• Members

i played with him twice on-stage at a couple of kiss conventions (i was in "rock and roll over", a KISS tribute band) in '94.

i asked him what he thinks of his carvin vincent model compared to his jackson vincent model.

he said they are definitely equal, and he actually played my carvin (dc 145, '90 model) both times we played with him.

he commented that it felt just like his carvin vincent model as carvins neck profiles are very consistent with each other.

we played lick it up (cuz he wrote that one) and cold gin.

he insisted that i play the leads for some reason, i don't know why.

but i did ask him about the album that says "no outboard gear", because there seems to be a bit of compression on his sound and he nodded yes, there was.

he had the most hot-rodded sound i've ever heard.

under-appreciated guitarist.

i pleaded with him to play at least one of the leads but he said no, you can have it. iwould have loved it if he played lead on at least one of the songs, just to watch......

it may be because it was not his guitar set up to his personal specs.

but his wig was up to spec, however..(backstage talking to him he was very kind and curteous, forthcoming and friendly.---and also VERY BALD. he didn't seem to care at all, why should he?

great guy, despite what you hear.

he gave a thumbs up to carvin. we didn't discuss amps.

he did say there was less compression than it seems on the "no outboard gear" album, due to his amps eq being cinched up tight.

• Members

i played with him twice on-stage at a couple of kiss conventions (i was in "rock and roll over", a KISS tribute band) in '94.

i asked him what he thinks of his carvin vincent model compared to his jackson vincent model.

he said they are definitely equal, and he actually played my carvin (dc 145, '90 model) both times we played with him.

he commented that it felt just like his carvin vincent model as carvins neck profiles are very consistent with each other.

we played lick it up (cuz he wrote that one) and cold gin.

he insisted that i play the leads for some reason, i don't know why.

but i did ask him about the album that says "no outboard gear", because there seems to be a bit of compression on his sound and he nodded yes, there was.

he had the most hot-rodded sound i've ever heard.

under-appreciated guitarist.

i pleaded with him to play at least one of the leads but he said no, you can have it. iwould have loved it if he played lead on at least one of the songs, just to watch......

it may be because it was not his guitar set up to his personal specs.

but his wig was up to spec, however..(backstage talking to him he was very kind and curteous, forthcoming and friendly.---and also VERY BALD. he didn't seem to care at all, why should he?

great guy, despite what you hear.

he gave a thumbs up to carvin. we didn't discuss amps.

he did say there was less compression than it seems on the "no outboard gear" album, due to his amps eq being cinched up tight.

he played faster than malmsteen, and didn't have to sweep pick to do it either.

it was a good experience all around, friendlier than KISS when we played with them at their boston convention.

Archived