Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

How's this tone for heavy alternative rock? (Diezel Herbert mic'd with a Beta 57)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this tone for heavy alternative rock? (Diezel Herbert mic'd with a Beta 57)

https://soundcloud.com/burnthelies/burn-the-lies-if-i-disappear

Opinions/suggestions?

Recorded with these guitars/rig. Bass is a Blacktop P Bass into a Pod X3. Synth is a M-audio Venom.

Holy ****************ing sheepdip. I wish I could record that good. Please tell me how you did this.

EDIT: Dude..my wife just came in to see what I had playing. I

Comment

• BurnTheLies
      BurnTheLies commented
      Editing a comment

Haha thanks for the kind words. I've just worked out a great mic position and i use a Firestudio Project. Very simple/stripped down setup.

I can't wait to get more songs done for my solo project and find a vocalist interested in working with them.

That sounds really good. Did the mic position really play a big role into getting the flavour of sound you got?

I'm curious about how a JMP-1 would sound going into a JCM 800.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.leap.cc" target="_blank"><font size="5"><font color="DarkOrange">L</font></font>aw <font size="5"><font color="Red">E</font></font>nforcement <font size="5"><font color="Purple">A</font></font>gainst <font size="5"><font color="SeaGreen">P</font></font>rohibition</a><br />
    <font size="1"><br />
    </font></div>

Comment

• BurnTheLies
      BurnTheLies commented
      Editing a comment

Thanx! The mic position did play a huge role in it. The JMP-1 going into my old JCM 800 wasn't very good. It sounds best running into the power section of an amp. If your 800 has a loop then it should be fine.

Thanks for checking the song out everyone. I'm working on a 2nd one now. It's a little heavier and darker. I'll post it in a day or 2.

Comment

The tone is great, the MIX however is very "hey check out this guitar sound guys!" the drums sound pretty weedy in comparison.

Comment

Working...
      X