Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's this tone for heavy alternative rock? (Diezel Herbert mic'd with a Beta 57)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this tone for heavy alternative rock? (Diezel Herbert mic'd with a Beta 57)

https://soundcloud.com/burnthelies/burn-the-lies-if-i-disappear

Opinions/suggestions?

Recorded with these guitars/rig. Bass is a Blacktop P Bass into a Pod X3. Synth is a M-audio Venom.

Holy ****************ing sheepdip. I wish I could record that good. Please tell me how you did this.

EDIT: Dude..my wife just came in to see what I had playing. I

Comment

• BurnTheLies
      BurnTheLies commented
      Editing a comment

Haha thanks for the kind words. I've just worked out a great mic position and i use a Firestudio Project. Very simple/stripped down setup.

I can't wait to get more songs done for my solo project and find a vocalist interested in working with them.

That sounds really good. Did the mic position really play a big role into getting the flavour of sound you got?

I'm curious about how a JMP-1 would sound going into a JCM 800.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Comment

• BurnTheLies
      BurnTheLies commented
      Editing a comment

Thanx! The mic position did play a huge role in it. The JMP-1 going into my old JCM 800 wasn't very good. It sounds best running into the power section of an amp. If your 800 has a loop then it should be fine.

Thanks for checking the song out everyone. I'm working on a 2nd one now. It's a little heavier and darker. I'll post it in a day or 2.

Comment

The tone is great, the MIX however is very "hey check out this guitar sound guys!" the drums sound pretty weedy in comparison.

Comment

Working...
      X