Body building dudes ... What's your goal?

isvoid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I work out like a beast to be healthy. Diabetes, high blood pressure, and other medical conditions run in my family and I'm trying my damnedest to keep from getting any of it.

Ah, take your meds and grab the remote ;)

• Members

I don't want to look like a bodybuilder, I just want effective useful strength while being around 250-260

Bodybuilders do have effective useful strength. They use it for bodybuilding. You've still got the same mindset people had in the dark ages of muscle building, which is "What are those muscles good for?" They're good for being there and serving the purpose you want them to serve, just like the guy in the pictures you posted. He builds muscle to fight with, which is his primary thing. Bodybuilders build muscle to look the way they want to look. There's nothing wrong with either path, and one's no better than the other. To excel in either takes an enormous amount of dedication and drive, plus blood,sweat, and tears.

• Members

The beginning of march I was 205-210lbs, 38" jean size (the shame was palpable :o). At 5'7" that ain't a pretty picture. GROSS.

My rough goal was/is to drop down to about 170-175, 31-32 inch jean size, physique something like the heavy side of a middle weight fighter I guess.

I'm currently 183, 33" jean size. I'm over 1/2 way there. :)

• Members

I already exceeded my original goals. Now I'm maintaining and doing detail work as well as branching out a bit more.

That's pretty awesome. How long did it take to achieve your initial goals -- and how lofty were they?

• Members

For me it's mainly strength and proportion. I've been building muscle to hold my joints together post-surgery and my end goal would be to put on more weight in a balanced fashion. I'm naturally at about 6 or 7% body fat so I'm not really focusing on fat-burning or being super cut. :idk:

• Members

my goal is to walk around the beach w/ no shirt, and have your girlfriend getting wet checking me out, forgetting what you and her were just talking about. i pull this off regularly on 6's and some 7's, occasionally an 8, rarely a 9. would like to get most 7's and 8's getting their panties wet accidentally ignoring their boyfriends while 'mirin my body.

i'll be there by next summer though so lock yo females up. there ain't a female in the world that won't cheat if she see's something nicer (except for your own mom)

:lol::facepalm:

• Members

I'm definitely not a body builder, but I'm into Crossfit and someone asked me the other day why I'm doing it or if I had certain goals in mind. Other than aiming to complete certain benchmark workouts faster than the last time I did them, my only goal is to remain fit and healthy for the rest of my life.

• Members

My original goals were to bulk up for football in High School. I was a natural linebacker, but I needed to gain mass to hang with the bigger TEs out here. I was 6'3" and 140 lbs and over the course of a year, I bulked to 190 lbs. I originally took Creatine as my only supplement, but when wrestling season started up, it was all about cutting weight. There were 2 guys from a rival school that trained similar to me and my friends...Creatine to increase strength, and then running the mountains...in the summertime. Well, about 1 month into the season, the 2 rivals were running like they had and collapsed and died on the mountain. It was determined that the Creatine led to an increased heart, and this coupled with extreme heat and exertion led to heart attacks. They were 17. Since then, I haven't touched Creatine.

After HS, I was known as "the big guy", so I felt obligated to continue to train. I've found a few tricks (other than steroids) to gain strength and mass, so I enlisted a personal trainer for about a month to "fine tune" my workouts, and have continued for the last 11 years. At my biggest/strongest, I was 6'3" and 268 pounds. I had the size I wanted, but I wanted definition, so 2 years ago decided to work on my stamina and get cut. Nowadays, I'm around 240-250 lbs, 7%-9% body fat, and I feel like I have a good balance of strength, stamina, and definition.

True story: I was going to try out for the Arizona Cardinals a few years back, but I was injured in a severe car accident thats put that plan on hold...

That's my story. YMMV...

• Members

there ain't a female in the world that won't cheat if she see's something nicer (except for your own mom)

My girl won't chea.....oh sorry, I didn't see the "something nicer". That's why she won't cheat. :o

I won't lie...95% of the reason I workout is for looks. I couldn't care that much less about the health, it's just a bonus. :lol:

Archived