Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body building dudes ... What's your goal?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body building dudes ... What's your goal?

What say you fellow gym rats? Do you have a vision, a definitive goal? Or are you just going all out max, more of a "see what happens if I give it all I've got" mentality?
    The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

My definitive goal is 195-200 pounds (I'm 6'1") and around 7% body fat. Shooting for as perfect proportion as I can create and with good strength. At that point I'm going to just maintain it.
    Main Rig:
    LTD EC1000
    Peavey 6505+
    Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
    TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
    Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
    M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Thanks Joe. I'll I interpret that as:

(
      The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

big cock

Comment

I don't want to look like a bodybuilder, I just want effective useful strength while being around 250-260 <10% bf.

Pretty much want to be a boss like Ubereem:

Comment

• Caulk Rocket
            Caulk Rocket commented
            Editing a comment

Gary Cohn wrote:
            I don't want to look like a bodybuilder, I just want effective useful strength while being around 250-260 <10% bf.

Pretty much want to be a boss like Ubereem:

Steroid penis.

I want to be able to hold my head up all day without it hurting like hell boo hoo
          MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

I want to be able to hold my head up all day without it hurting like hell boo hoo

what are ya'll doing to achieve your goals?

Comment

My goal is to have the muscle to back up the "come at me bro"
              MyRig:
              Fractal Audio Systems - Ax-Fx Ultra
              AtomicReactor 50/50
              Splawn 412 Stright (WGS CL-80's)
              Hamer Monaco SuperPro

Comment

I work out like a beast to be healthy. Diabetes, high blood pressure, and other medical conditions run in my family and I'm trying my damnedest to keep from getting any of it.
                Gibson Les Paul Custom '68 ReissueA few pedalsSplawn NitroMesa/Boogie 2x12Good transactions w/: Mizati20, SiCKboy78, BionicMark, MRAAJR, ::fred::

Comment

I work out like a beast to be healthy. Diabetes, high blood pressure, and other medical conditions run in my family and I'm trying my damnedest to keep from getting any of it.

Ah, take your meds and grab the remote
                  MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

I already exceeded my original goals. Now I'm maintaining and doing detail work as well as branching out a bit more.
                    "I don't see how the fat lady with the dog fits in." Stonedtone

"I usually know whats going to come out well. Im usually right." Davo17

"Don't make me spell bitch on your ass with a backwards B." moonlight

"He believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

Comment

Bodybuilders do have effective useful strength. They use it for bodybuilding. You've still got the same mindset people had in the dark ages of muscle building, which is "What are those muscles good for?" They're good for being there and serving the purpose you want them to serve, just like the guy in the pictures you posted. He builds muscle to fight with, which is his primary thing. Bodybuilders build muscle to look the way they want to look. There's nothing wrong with either path, and one's no better than the other. To excel in either takes an enormous amount of dedication and drive, plus blood,sweat, and tears.
                      "I don't see how the fat lady with the dog fits in." Stonedtone

"I usually know whats going to come out well. Im usually right." Davo17

"Don't make me spell bitch on your ass with a backwards B." moonlight

"He believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

Comment

The beginning of march I was 205-210lbs, 38" jean size (the shame was palpable ). At 5'7" that ain't a pretty picture. GROSS.

My rough goal was/is to drop down to about 170-175, 31-32 inch jean size, physique something like the heavy side of a middle weight fighter I guess.

I'm currently 183, 33" jean size. I'm over 1/2 way there.

Comment

I already exceeded my original goals. Now I'm maintaining and doing detail work as well as branching out a bit more.

That's pretty awesome. How long did it take to achieve your initial goals -- and how lofty were they?

Comment

For me it's mainly strength and proportion. I've been building muscle to hold my joints together post-surgery and my end goal would be to put on more weight in a balanced fashion. I'm naturally at about 6 or 7% body fat so I'm not really focusing on fat-burning or being super cut.
                            MIJ Telecaster | MIM stratocaster | Gibson SG Standard | Hamer Californian 27 fret | Mesa 2 chan Triple Rectifier | Marshal JMP | Marshall DSL100 | Avatar 4x12 with v30s | Peavey 4x12 with Green Berets

www.soundclick.com/sayocean

Originally Posted by cavemanic

a pot smoking ENGL player.....thats pretty much the ingredients for a worthless pile of **************** anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X