Welcome to the new HCAF....

3shiftgtr

• Members

....where we can talk about amps. Guitar Amps. Amps for electric guitars.

We don't have to talk about what drugs were done last night, who spent what night in jail.  We won't have to suffer grown men making fun of some "{censored} rhythm, play lead" noob to the point they drive out to a gig then make fun of him here, the christophobia, agruments about how Eurononymous was not such an asshole after all, bodybuilding threads, clips of semi skilled players chunking away at their metal derivatives, djent hate, endless ongoing arguments about metal subgenres categories, "come at me bro" memes, and God forbid, if someone started a thread about a non metal amp, it was labled gazebo tone soundly ignored.  And godbye to the general overall feel that you were sitting at a high school lunch table with all the underachieving D student metal heads who thinks everything sucks but them who are just clever enough to make fun of everyone not in the clique to prove it.

Now we can talk about guitar amps. Amps for guitars. Electric guitars. Metal amps, blues amps, jazz amps, whatever...amps for guitars.

• Members

3shiftgtr wrote:

....where we can talk about amps. Guitar Amps. Amps for electric guitars.

We don't have to talk about what drugs were done last night, who spent what night in jail.  We won't have to suffer grown men making fun of some "{censored} rhythm, play lead" noob to the point they drive out to a gig then make fun of him here, the christophobia, agruments about how Eurononymous was not such an asshole after all, bodybuilding threads, clips of semi skilled players chunking away at their metal derivatives, djent hate, endless ongoing arguments about metal subgenres categories, "come at me bro" memes, and God forbid, if someone started a thread about a non metal amp, it was labled gazebo tone soundly ignored.  And godbye to the general overall feel that you were sitting at a high school lunch table with all the underachieving D student metal heads who thinks everything sucks but them who are just clever enough to make fun of everyone not in the clique to prove it.

Now we can talk about guitar amps. Amps for guitars. Electric guitars. Metal amps, blues amps, jazz amps, whatever...amps for guitars.

http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

• Members

You sound a little....well butthurt?

No I don't. That's just all you people know how to say around here.

Yes, because being positive and seeing HCAF through this massive upheaval and change is being a "bootlicker".

You're the type of guy who spends countless hours posting thousands of times on a forum, only to badmouth everything it was as soon as you have a chance to become a bosshoggin' forum elder. You're the HCAF house negro. Your boot-lickin' ass would feel right at home in a totalitarian regime.

So many of you are showing the true reason you were here. True colors! Facebook should work just fine for you.

We were here to talk about gear and shoot the {censored} with people we like. Nobody is sticking around because nobody is talking about anything whatsoever, and the forum is a pain in the ass. You are sticking around because you're hoping to be respected by all the new and blacksheep members. Good luck to you.

So who were you before you left HCAF "for good",  Mr. OMG WTF LOLZ?

Rear Naked

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen, please try to keep it civil, and leave the ad hominem attacks out of the discussion, okay?

Now, as far as a few of your points... yes, we care about traffic, but not as much as some of you think. Yes, we care about musicians and music more than traffic. Yes, we're interested in promoting music. Yes, there were some who didn't listen to the community (HC 2.0 was a great example of that) or to the moderators - who, believe it or not, are probably the best advocates the community has. A lot of things that Craig and I repeatedly advised against were not listened to...

Yes, there are changes happening, and no, I can't go into all the details because I don't even know everything yet - but no, it's not very likely at all that they'll go back to vBulletin. Why? No IT support. We need someone else (outside of GC) to handle that, because from everything I've heard, they don't have anyone knpowledgable enough in vB to do that. No, it's not for lack of trying - I know of at least three different vB people they tried to hire, and we still had massive issues for over a year - which is why we moved to Lithium earlier than we originally wanted to - before we had all the design, layout, navigation, etc. stuff tested (by the mods and select community members, as we had originally planned). Fact is, the vB site had just become a train wreck that didn't work half the time - page timeouts, failure to load or post, etc. The contract for the "other" side of the site (HC 2.0 - which still handled the user reviews and everything other than the forums) was expiring too, and had to be replaced with something - and believe me, we (admins) weren't  all that happy with that particular software anyway. You had to log in to two places to access reviews and forums, and the HC 2.0 user reviews sucked (IMHO) compared to the old user reviews. Hopefully the new version of the reviews will be more like the old when they come back online. 

Archived