Best Bang For the Buck Low Watt Amp

Stonedtone

• Members

I found a china VHT Special 5W head for $150 shipped. Alleged PTP all tube. It really cooks, but I have my Carvin Vintage 16 next to it in the TV room, so lots of a/b. The Carvin is so much better. I paid $350 for it. Upgraded speaker. Celst 75h ann and it had the famed hasslr mod. That amp does everything. EL84 cleans and it cranks. I never had an issue keeping up with 2 guitar jams. The best bang for the buck of any gear I've bought

• Members

jimash wrote:

Who would have guessed that the best one would be the one you already have ?

Or that it would be a Carvin?

I am shocked.

Shocked, I tell you.

How can anyone claim an amp is great if they don't play it all the time. Hello

• Members

Stonedtone wrote:

I found a china VHT Special 5W head for $150 shipped. Alleged PTP all tube. It really cooks, but I have my Carvin Vintage 16 next to it in the TV room, so lots of a/b. The Carvin is so much better. I paid $350 for it. Upgraded speaker. Celst 75h ann and it had the famed hasslr mod. That amp does everything. EL84 cleans and it cranks. I never had an issue keeping up with 2 guitar jams. The best bang for the buck of any gear I've bought

well, there ya go. I personally can't stand that amp, or any of the Carvin Vintage models. But otherwise, obviously a pair of healthy EL84s can be quite loud.

Archived