Watch out for this Thief, Guitar ripoff on music forum, Scum of the Earth

JJBell

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just read all 16 pages. Damn. That's pretty hardcore.

Yea it is. He ripped of 2 people on HC as well. These guy needs some good ol' fashioned reminders of screwing people over. Scary the police aren't doing more...

• Members

Toby Graves, Tobias Graves, Toby Chan, he uses lots of aliases it appears.

He is in a bunch of {censored}ty goth bands....one named soft kill whichactually has a record deal. He keeps having to cancel shows because he has ripped off lots of people who bought vinyl, and CDs from him. Angry mobs. Total douche of the highest kind.

• Members

Man, that fucking shit pisses me off!
:mad:

Somebody really needs to beat that fucker's ass in the name of karma, already!

This^^^

People that pull this shit are the biggest pussies on the planet. Scum bag fucks -- I'm an inherent pacifist, but this is the kind of shit that makes me want to go vigilante.

• Members

Yea it is. He ripped of 2 people on HC as well. These guy needs some good ol' fashioned reminders of screwing people over. Scary the police aren't doing more...

Sort of like when my radio got ripped out of my car at my workplace in broad daylight 17 years ago. Go to the police, give them the information, they throw it on a stack and tell me "Y'know, you ain't gonna see that radio again." Thanks.

Police departments as a whole are about generating revenue. If a small crime like this happens, don't expect them to put it too high on the priority list.

• Members

Sort of like when my radio got ripped out of my workplace in broad daylight 17 years ago. Go to the police, give them the information, they throw it on a stack and tell me "Y'know, you ain't gonna see that radio again." Thanks.

Police departments as a whole are about generating revenue. If a small crime like this happens, don't expect them to put it too high on the priority list.

They'd rather stop Willie Nelson than Joe Schmo Crack Dealer because, well... it's less dangerous and it's a given. Wish I could half ass everything I do.

• Members

anybody got a cliff's notes version of the gretsch pages blah?

New member lists a Gretsch White Penguin for very cheap price, claiming he needs a quick sale because he's going broke. One of the members takes the bait and sends a paypal payment, but after a week the guitar hasn't shown up and the guy isn't answering calls. The buyer tried to get Paypal, Police etc involved and all seem promising but flake out eventually.

Other members do lots of snooping around and find out the seller has pulled several scams, including a few on this forum, also has owned a small label where he scammed people by taking preorders for EPs but never delivering. They also find out lots of his details, turns out he's in several bands, one of which is due to put an album out through a label. The buyer gets hold of the label and talks to the owners, and at first they are co-operative and offer to refund him the money and recoup their losses through the record sales, but then that goes dead too.

Somewhere in the middle the seller turns up again trying to play victim, claiming he has refunded the money through Paypal. Turns out he has... except the cheque he sent to Paypal bounces and all is back to square one.

Now the Gretsch forum and a few others are trying to raise awareness of this dude's scams.

What a douchebag that scammer is.. Really makes you realise how {censored}ing {censored}ty some people out there are.

• Members

New member lists a Gretsch White Penguin for very cheap price, claiming he needs a quick sale because he's going broke. One of the members takes the bait and sends a paypal payment, but after a week the guitar hasn't shown up and the guy isn't answering calls. The buyer tried to get Paypal, Police etc involved and all seem promising but flake out eventually.

Other members do lots of snooping around and find out the seller has pulled several scams, including a few on this forum, also has owned a small label where he scammed people by taking preorders for EPs but never delivering. They also find out lots of his details, turns out he's in several bands, one of which is due to put an album out through a label. The buyer gets hold of the label and talks to the owners, and at first they are co-operative and offer to refund him the money and recoup their losses through the record sales, but then that goes dead too.

Somewhere in the middle the seller turns up again trying to play victim, claiming he has refunded the money through Paypal. Turns out he has... except the cheque he sent to Paypal bounces and all is back to square one.

Now the Gretsch forum and a few others are trying to raise awareness of this dude's scams.

What a douchebag that scammer is.. Really makes you realise how {censored}ing {censored}ty some people out there are.

Probably has to buy his Goth Chic girlfriend a new Louis Vuitton body bag for sleeping and other purposes to go with his bauhaus logo covered body bag.

• Members

most excellent notes.

also, what a douche that dude is.

Archived