Harmony Central Forum Death

Acid Test

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please, let the old guard go away. HCAF was a cesspool. 500 threads about satanz and teh pronz. Not everyone plays metal, stoned alone in their mom's basement or practices each week with a band that gigs 2wice a year.  Good riddance. Players that wanted to talk about all kinds of amps, not just metal amps, were driven away and, were driven away by all the wannabes who thought Murdoch and Dolf were cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Please, let the old guard go away. HCAF was a cesspool. 500 threads about satanz and teh pronz. Not everyone plays metal, stoned alone in their mom's basement or practices each week with a band that gigs 2wice a year.  Good riddance. Players that wanted to talk about all kinds of amps, not just metal amps, were driven away and, were driven away by all the wannabes who thought Murdoch and Dolf were cool.

So now, no longer a Cesspool of 500 threads about satanz and prons, just only 1 thread about nothing..........

Great improvement!

• Members

isvoid wrote:

Update: like Neil said, you be bonkers.
:o

That's fine. Call me bonkers.

It's quite amusing to see people that swore never to come here ever again. And yet..maybe they get an update thread form another site, maybe they just cant help themselves. But they come over and often just do some drive by bombings. Not to encouage or grow the forum. Not to impart some amp or musical wisdom. Just to hurl insults.

So call me bonkers....at least I am not like that. Not sayin I am better....just saying at least I am not that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've never seen such a mass exodus ... I was on HC amps for probably 10+years, and looking over these threads - only recognize a couple names.      It was like the rapture happened and all the good ones have vanished and all thats left are the heathens ...

• Members

I'm going to do a podcast episode about the trials and tribulations of the HC forums over the years. 

If you have interesting stories or comments about the good times or bad, or just a summary of your experiences here, please leave a voicemail and I might use it in the show:  (415) 763-ROCK (7625)

I'm also going to interview someone from the new board and hopefully an insider from HC.

http://darkforebodingstew.com

• Members

I think a very interesting factor is it appears it was just the amp forum that got sandy vag....er...upset. For the most part. What a very interesting fact. I'm sure all forums felt some effects, but why just one evacuated to their own domain? What's the pyschology of that? You should use that angle in your program. Everything else was equal. What is/was it about the amp forum that made it and it alone create a diaspora from the HC software change?

I'm not saying it's good or bad....I'm saying it is VERY interesting...in a clinical sort of way. I do in fact think it is good. It shows you have the power to change things and make you own way, if things are unacceptable.

I'd love to see society apply this to our potlical landscape. The Tea Partiers tried, but the public ridicule in this modern climate clamped them down. Maybe "fundamental change" and/or European-style collapse is what we desire after all. A global level playing field (a pipe dream- china wont level the field) and a strong America never again. Good stuff.

Archived