The Fender Tone-Master

thom

• Members

...Is my favorite amp of all time. I wouldn't part with if they offered $2K for it. I biught and sold pretty much EVERY well known Marshall head, mostly vintage (style) ones, as well as a ton of Fender combo's.

None of them sucked, they all ruled at their own little game.

But the Tone-Master is good at almost everything imo. It's probably best for middle of road type stuff that doesn't require neither thunderous lows, or jazzy cleans. You're safe with it if you're into hardrock, blues rock, indie rock, whatever...

Now here it comes, cause this isn't just a really {censored}ty user review...

The trade-off for being so versatile and useable for almost everything, is that the amp is not really GREAT at, for instance, brutal doomy {censored}. Which nowadays is what I'd call the majority of my sorry-ass riffs:)

So if I haven't bored you bored you to death yet: Tell me if there's another amp I could pair it up with:)

The cheaper the better, the deeper/bassy the better:) Something with a plexi style attack, orange low end growl or Sunn would be perfect. I don't need THAT much power and clean headroom though, I'm sure 50-80 watt would do the trick depending on which specific amp we're talking about.

I'm just thinking outloud there, I'm pretty much open to all suggestions. Channel switching and a ton of control is not high on the list btw, I've got my TM and a {censored} load of peds for that:)

I don't need another baddass head half as much as I need a small practice amp, but atm I'm tempted to go the software amp sim route and spend my hard earned money on the tube head.

Archived