Jet City jca100h problem

Turi

• Members

I purchased the jca100h 2 weeks ago. When I play it at home there's no problem, but in my band's practice room, it starts to produce a bad distortion. I think it's a crossover ditorsion and probably caused by this old basement's electrical system where we play, voltage fluctations.. What can I do? Adjusting the bias (don't know the actual value but grid voltage is  -52V) can solve the problem ? I' d insert an audio sample if I knew how to put it.

• Members

Check the power source at the rehearsal space? If it's within what it should be then you might want to have the amp checked out or exchanged.

Only other option for dirty or unregulated power is to buy a good power regulator. I don't mean a cheap rack power switch with 8 outlets. You need actual regulation. If the rehearsal space is that bad, hire an electrician to fix it. It won't only be your amp having problems.

• Members

Hello!. Yes I checked the power source and it's 218min 230max and I know that this range should be ok, but I have to re-check with my band mates playing together to see if a voltage reduction occurs. A power regulator could be a solution but i think it's a bit expensive condering jca100h's power consumption (400w), I'll take a look on the net to see prices, but my first move right now is to open the amp and increase voltage grid to -57 as I read in a thread here should the factory spec. Thanks for the good advices, I'll let u know (and sorry for my english!):manembarrassed:

• Members

wow! I just found in my father's room an old (90's) power corrector!

600w input 220v -23% +5% output 230v -5% +5% connected to power source(at home wich is ok) and it works  have to try tomorrow in the rehearsal space. maybe it wont work properly have to see how fast it is when has to correct voltage...let's see tomorrow... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just to let you know... The problem is not completely solved. After a few sessions with the entire band, in the same old reharsal room the sound problem returned so i plugged in power corrector and it got better. Sound doesn't go so bad as before but still, when we play all together, some bad distorsion (even in clean mode) occurs. The good thing now is that it doen't lower the volume as before nexttime i'll post a video

Archived