Gigging combo dilemma

Jazzmag

• Members

I've grown weary dragging head and cab around so I've decided to get me a combo. I'm a die hard marshall fanboy and i've been looking through their catalogue but they just don't make the one I need.

I started off looking at the 50w MA and was really impressed by the sheer scope of sonic possibilities however I'm not one for a cluttered stage so with that one i'd need separate effects.

Then I noticed the 40w Haze and found it had the effects all footswitchable in one (allbeit aftermarket) footswitch unit, however no separate EQ for the channels...

So I need:

All valve, 2 channels with boost, separate eq for both channels, built in effects, and for it all to be footswitchable and sound awesome.

Does it exist? For a decent price?

Regards

Jazz

• Members

I wouldn't discount anamp with one eq section. The Engl Blackmore shares a  lot of control, is extremely flexible...and sounds AWESOME! I'm seriously impressed with how well they did it.

I would try the haze first. It will be hard thing to do in the store....you have to get it up to volume and in a mix.

The Blackstar has a cool amp with FX.....it's not tube, but seems to have aweseom tube emulation. I think it's the DT series.

Fender Mustang might be something to look at. It's defienlymore fender than Marhsal...but can get some nice rock growl.

H&K Switchblade might be worth checking. Sounds great with programmable MIDI channels and FX

I do advise caution on "sounds awesome". The multi-channel amps with boosts and FX are really more for convenience than excellent sound quality.

• Members

Jazzmag wrote:

built in effects, and for it all to be footswitchable and sound awesome.

Does it exist? 

I don't think so. Most of the effects I know are/were featured in the Valvestate serie and they are substandard.

I would take a look on the Vintage Modern serie.

Archived