Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUGERA REVIEW OF ALL 8 OF THEIR AMPS

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got to play a 6260 yesterday for a few hours. It's a smokin' little combo. The stock speakers don't suck, either - better than Peavey's Sheffield 1230s, but I guess that's not hard. Whole lotta tone for the money, whatever you think of the company's ethics. It's a bit meatier than the 5150, if that makes any sense. They're not quite the same, just very close. It might not have quite as much upper midrange grind going on as the 5150.

I might pick it up. I'll be swapping the speakers and the tubes out first thing, and a pot replacement might be in order down the line.

Its reverb does not suck, either, but why they'd want to mate a relatively fizzy, ultra high gain amplifier with on-board reverb is beyond me. Maybe on-board optical compression
    www.WamplerPedals.com (as of Dec. 2010) Questions or comments? Contact us!
    Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

"Agreed is like a hummingbird with a shotgun." - Aedes

Comment

• Ive had a 6262 for a few weeks now. It hasnt caught on fire . Sounds pretty good with an EQ in the loop. I dont like having to do that though.

The main weak point: the pots are NOT attached to the chassis. They are floating thru the holes and mounted right on the pcb.
      This could end the show quickly if your bass player bumps his fat ass into the front of your amp

i like your sig, but then again, Mexico, same as the USA is in America!

It is even called US of Mexico of America.

America is the whole MF continent and it is divided in North america,central america, South america , and then you get the caribbean with the antillas mayores and menores.

Only in the mind of USA citizens america is a country and not a continent.

By the way:

I have never heard of pots floating thru the wholes, that is a nono.

Even then i think the Bugera around here in a Video sounds good for what it is.

I also think there are a lot of " opinions" here of people who have never even seen a Bugera live, just in pictures.
      Justice is like a snake, it only bites those barefooted

If you feel you are not properly sedated
      call 348 844 immediately
      Failure to do so may result in prosecution for
      criminal drug evasion

Originally Posted by m_Calavera

lolocaust

Originally Posted by Sandvich

Bias much? I bet if I asked about portable amps for an outdoor pagan witch doctor festival.

Comment

• i like your sig, but then again, Mexico, same as the USA is in America!

It is even called US of Mexico of America.

America is the whole MF continent and it is divided in North america,central america, South america , and then you get the caribbean with the antillas mayores and menores.

Only in the mind of USA citizens america is a country and not a continent.

By the way:

I have never heard of pots floating thru the wholes, that is a nono.

Even then i think the Bugera around here in a Video sounds good for what it is.

I also think there are a lot of " opinions" here of people who have never even seen a Bugera live, just in pictures.

Without answering the silly political troll in your post, I will say that plenty of inexpensive amps use PCB-mounted pots with long shafts. I haven't seen any serious tube or SS amps with plastic pot knobs, though, that seems awfully cheap. Like I said, I'd measure them and replace the pots later if I picked it up. That's just asking for trouble.
        Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

Comment

• Hey agreed did you try the 333xl? I went in with the intention of buying the 6262 because of what I had heard about them and then tried the 333xl and it was just totally way better. Try it out before you pick up the 6260. My dealer said everyone thats walked in to get a 6262 and tried the 333xl ended up walking out with the 333.

Comment

• Without answering the silly political troll in your post, I will say that plenty of inexpensive amps use PCB-mounted pots with long shafts. I haven't seen any serious tube or SS amps with plastic pot knobs, though, that seems awfully cheap. Like I said, I'd measure them and replace the pots later if I picked it up. That's just asking for trouble.

not political, geographical.
            I completely agree with you and i am also saying that the clips i have heard sound very good for the money.

But i would be afraid that the pots are floating , even when they are directly mounted to the pcb, why not screw them thru the chasis into the Pcb?????

I mean, you can easily break the pcb then....

Maybe i am not understanding anything at all, 5th day in a row with only a couple of hours of sleep.
            Justice is like a snake, it only bites those barefooted

If you feel you are not properly sedated
            call 348 844 immediately
            Failure to do so may result in prosecution for
            criminal drug evasion

Originally Posted by m_Calavera

lolocaust

Originally Posted by Sandvich

Bias much? I bet if I asked about portable amps for an outdoor pagan witch doctor festival.

Comment

• STFU NOOB. Move to Mexico then .

as far as the pot mounting : http://insideamplifiers.com/?cat=32

Comment

• Heheh... I tried a 6260 and a 333 a few days ago, and although I was pretty surprised by the sound (far better than I expected), the reliability was rather shocking.

The amps I played were both unpacked right in front of me, taken out of cardboard boxes with styrofoam etc, and each set up on an Engl Vintage 4x12"... Fired up the 333 first, played around a bit. Clean was ok, very clean - definitely a usable sound. Crunch channel... Too much gain (Gain at 1/10 was past AC/DC lead...). Same thing with the lead channel. But if you kept the gain below 3 at all times, it was actually a pretty good sounding head, again, considering the price tag...

Then I fired up the 6260 - that's where the fun began. Upon hitting the power switch, I heard a loud pop. So I think to myself "****************e, did we hook it up wrong?"... but nope, impedances match. So I flip the standby switch - SNAP! CRACKLE! FIZZ! POP!

That's when I unplugged the guitar for fear of getting zapped... About 5 seconds later, it fizzled and died completely. Sad really, a brand new tube amp, out of the box for 10 minutes, on for 30 seconds, and already dead.

Now my hopes for Bugera are just as dead as that amp... I'd rather pay twice as much and get an amp that'll last 10 years as opposed to 30 seconds (or, on average, probably about a year :P)...
                Gear

Comment

• I must have got a good one. Mine is as reliable as my 6505. Everything is built really sturdy on it. Nothing is lose everything is tight. Ive had mine for a while play it extremly loud everyday. Never had one thing go wrong. But I do have a one year warranty too. Theres always going to be bad ones in something thats new. Theres plenty of 5150's that died right out of the box too that ive read on here. People have had to ship them back. My next amp im not sure what it'll be. The bugera has me stuck on el-34's now though. I like them better than the 6l6's in my 6505. I thought about a mesa but honestly the dual rec didnt sound better than my 333xl. I might go really expensive and get the slo-100. Ive always wanted one. I'm a gear nerd I buy so much **************** i dont need lol.

Comment

• point being still in the price range the bugera slays the valveking and b-52.... its even better than some more expensive amps. So i think all in all its a good buy. If you get a bad one then take it back

Comment

• IMO you can't say how reliable an amp is until you have owned it for a year.

Comment

• i'm gonna buy one of these just to piss people off.

Comment

• point being still in the price range the bugera slays the valveking and b-52.... its even better than some more expensive amps. So i think all in all its a good buy. If you get a bad one then take it back

That's because Bugeras are a cheap ripoff of the 6505. I dunno about B-52's, but ValveKing's are their own amps.

Comment

Definitely - and what the hell, they must have a warranty of some sort, right? Hell, buy two instead of one Engl or Mesa and you'll still save a thousand bucks ...
                            Gear

Comment

• Hey agreed did you try the 333xl? I went in with the intention of buying the 6262 because of what I had heard about them and then tried the 333xl and it was just totally way better. Try it out before you pick up the 6260. My dealer said everyone thats walked in to get a 6262 and tried the 333xl ended up walking out with the 333.

No, they didn't have one there. I'll see if they'll bring one in - the one thing about this store is that since it's a relatively small operation, they actually finance all their gear rather than buying it outright, so the circumstances under which they're willing or able to bring in something they don't have in stock tend to be restricted to "you are placing a special order with half the money down up front." They're great people, but not that easy to deal with sometimes because of their financial situation.

If my experiences with the 6505 and JSX are at all representative, I bet I'd like the 333XL more than the 6260. The JSX, to my ears, is one of the best amps Peavey has ever made for hard rock and above levels of gain. Great sounding head. I bet the Bugera sounds good, too.

For what it's worth, these days, Behringer has relatively good warranty replacement. However, their service centers suck ass. I had a pair of monitors nearly destroyed in shipping because the ****************ing clowns at some "authorized service center" in Texas used the same box I shipped it in except they didn't put any of the packaging back in. That was a fun bit of bull**************** to work through. But Behringer was great the whole time, gave me an RMA authorization immediately and was ready to ship out a new set within a couple days. And that was my fault, too - I decided I'd do a "volume test" and overloaded the tweeter.
                              Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

Comment

• Yeah, the 333xl just sounded like a much more versitle better amp. It has all the gain the 6260 had... actually has more than my 6505. The clean channel is awesome. Which is good for me because ive never had a tube amp with a good clean channel. All I've owned in the tube amp line is a 5150 and a 6505. It sounds really warm and no break up like the 6505. The crunch channel I don't never use but I got some good classic tones out of it. The lead channel like I said is just amazing. Its pretty middy too. I guess the main difference when I tried them both out was the 333xl just had this tight saturated gain with good low end. The 6262 had like my 6505, screaching gain with loose sounding low end. Hey heres pics of my amps too. The Bugera looks bad ass too. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X