Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww..man. What about the beer?
    Some guys like a challenge. Not me.

Comment

You notice a lot of people with the expensive amps get all flustered over these amps and the people with lower value amps or who have small spending budgets are high fiving each other.

People, honestly who gives a flying ****************! Just buy amps that suit your taste regardless of the price tag and play them. oke:

+1
      I'm a winner

Comment

Well, look at peavey. Their Classic series are blatant ripoffs of Fenders amps.

MASSIVE FAIL.
        - Adam

Comment

Word has it that these amps are dropping dead after only a few hours of playing.

They probably made the circuit boards even THINNER!

They probably have a great sound, but I feel they have invented the first throwaway TUBE amp...Keep the tubes of course...

Comment

They probably made the circuit boards even THINNER!

They probably have a great sound, but I feel they have invented the first throwaway TUBE amp...

I think Engl takes the honor for making the most expensive throwaway tube amp....

Comment

Word has it that these amps are dropping dead after only a few hours of playing.

exactly.

every behringer product i have been around, just quits working after a short period of time. they are complete **************** and utterly useless.
              - Adam

Comment

exactly.

every behringer product i have been around, just quits working after a short period of time. they are complete **************** and utterly useless.

We have some Behr comps and gates in a club that I mix in, and we've had minimal issues in the 3 years they've been installed there. One comp gave up the ghost, but the other 7 channels and 8 channels of gate are still working.
                Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

Im sure I am going to catch a lot of **************** for this one, but I think the lead tone sounds very similar to a Mark IV , except the 333 has a lot more gain on tap and the EQ is very responsive.

Hmm. Kinda hard to take you seriously after that, especially if you are claiming that the Mark IV EQ is not very responsive (it's about as responsive as they come). Reminds me of HC reviewers who claim that their $350 Crate half-stack "totally blew away my buddy's Bogner at practice, he was like HOLY ****************!"

Nevertheless, I am interested in these amps, but for me even a fantastic-sounding amp is kinda worthless if it's threatening to break down at any given moment...
                  Guitars: Washburn WG-587 | Roter | Fernandes | Tokai
                  Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra -> ART SLA-2

Bands: Solecism (prog death) | Kisama (black) | Kuroi (brutal) | Embalm (death metal)
                  Clips/songs (many styles): soundclick|netmusicians
                  Vids: youtube

( ─━─ ω ─━─  )

Comment

I feel they have invented the first throwaway TUBE amp...

Obviously you haven't heard of the Crate TV50H. It was my first tube head ($300 for a 50 watt tube head! How can I pass this up?) back in the day, and it was so horrible I sold it after less than a week.
                    Guitars: Washburn WG-587 | Roter | Fernandes | Tokai
                    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra -> ART SLA-2

Bands: Solecism (prog death) | Kisama (black) | Kuroi (brutal) | Embalm (death metal)
                    Clips/songs (many styles): soundclick|netmusicians
                    Vids: youtube

( ─━─ ω ─━─  )

Comment

Zero problems with my V-Ampire head since the few years after I bought it used.

And of the couple people I know around my area who've owned a Mesa Rectifier for more than a few months have both experienced major problems with them. Any amp can have problems or not. Many manufacturers have also had problems with a first run of amps, i.e. the Carvin V-3 many people had to send back to get fixed whereas that issue is no longer occurring. I'm waiting for more people to have personal experience with them before judging anything other than the blatant Peavey ripoff scheme which does = lame, IMO.
                      __________________________________________________ ________
                      Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

We have some Behr comps and gates in a club that I mix in, and we've had minimal issues in the 3 years they've been installed there. One comp gave up the ghost, but the other 7 channels and 8 channels of gate are still working.

our dual-band EQ and gate died after about a year. my brother's tech21 ripoff died within a year too.

i don't even want to buy the brands that are displayed next to the behringer stuff.
                        - Adam

Comment

Apart from the tweed covering, no they aren't.

and the knobs, switches, coverings, layouts, tone.
                          Good deals: Lucius, rfaranda, dimebag11, Goodison, Valtiel, Megadeth7684, cobrahead1030, allan wwodrum, cauberallies, stratoslacker, Guitarman216, kdragon, rockapede, thomasf, Turk 182, aenemated, neverdunn, XgaTeX, Teletypist, dogbone94, vidiot72

Comment

Awww..man. What about the beer?

It was PBR, so of course it was amazing. I know for a fact that the build quality and durability are top notch
                            ----------------------------------------
                            1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Wine Red
                            1971 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
                            1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                            2010 Fender American Tele
                            2011 Fender Am. Std Strat
                            1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203
                            1974 Marshall JMP Superlead
                            Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II
                            Peavey JSX
                            Peavey XXX
                            Line 6 Spider IV 75 (2) for the cover band
                            Orange cabs
                            Beer & Whiskey

Comment

Obviously you haven't heard of the Crate TV50H. It was my first tube head ($300 for a 50 watt tube head! How can I pass this up?) back in the day, and it was so horrible I sold it after less than a week.
                              Sorry, wasn't familiar with that one, probably by design...

Comment

and the knobs, switches, coverings, layouts, tone.

Nope. Sorry. Not even CLOSE to the same circuit.

Oh noes - they both use chickenhead knobs? I guess both of my 18 watters and the 50 watt Plexi I'm working on are Fender copies because they use chickenhead knobs and Carling switches, too, right?
                                Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                                Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

Working...
                                X