bugera v22/v55 does any one know what amps are copied?

Edge11

• Members

its not a copy. None of the bugeras are. NONE. They are all unique circuits. The main thing they do copy are the LOOKS and FEATURE SETS of popular amps, so people without brains will go... hey it looks like "insert amp here", duhhh it must sound like wun too uk yuk!

For instance my bugera 333xl sounds NOTHING like a JSX, NOTHING AT ALL. Not even in the same ball park. Fortunately thats a good thing as it also sounds way better. It actually sounds like a mark series amp with post gain eq and more compression.

~mike~

• Members

My Bugera V-22 is possibly the best amp I ever bought.

Will it last? How the hell do I know. I don't really beat my stuff so that'll help. The way this amp sounds, If I need to buy a new one every year I'll be fine with that. It is one hell of an amp. And if that's what a Crate sounds like, I LIKE CRATE.

• Members

My Bugera V-22 is possibly the best amp I ever bought.

Will it last? How the hell do I know. I don't really beat my stuff so that'll help. The way this amp sounds, If I need to buy a new one every year I'll be fine with that. It is one hell of an amp. And if that's what a Crate sounds like, I LIKE CRATE.

thats how i feel about my bugera 333. Its the best sounding high gain amp ive heard. Some of its parts are pretty crappy ( i replaced the input jack with a real one after i broke it) but if i need to buy 10 backups i will!

honestly tho i dont thin k i will need to , had it a year and other than the crappy input jacks, it has been solid.

~mike~

• Members

its not a copy. None of the bugeras are. NONE. They are all unique circuits. The main thing they do copy are the LOOKS and FEATURE SETS of popular amps, so people without brains will go... hey it looks like "insert amp here", duhhh it must sound like wun too uk yuk!

For instance my bugera 333xl sounds NOTHING like a JSX, NOTHING AT ALL. Not even in the same ball park. Fortunately thats a good thing as it also sounds way better. It actually sounds like a mark series amp with post gain eq and more compression.

~mike~

I'd be cautious to believe that given the reputaion that behringer has, but i actually have heard mixed reports of them being either new circuits or very tweaked older circuitry. To my understanding bugera doesn't publish schematics.

I guess that explains why no one is modding these babies like mad (like what happened with the crate v series).

I'll have to wait and see until some one draws up a schematic of this bad boy.

Edit:I also remember reading from jerry p that the 6505 and it's bugera equivalent were the same except for pot values and layout.

Who knows.

• Members

I'd be cautious to believe that given the reputaion that behringer has, but i actually have heard mixed reports of them being either new circuits or very tweaked older circuitry. To my understanding bugera doesn't publish schematics.

I guess that explains why no one is modding these babies like mad (like what happened with the crate v series).

I'll have to wait and see until some one draws up a schematic of this bad boy.

Edit:I also remember reading from jerry p that the 6505 and it's bugera equivalent were the same except for pot values and layout.

Who knows.

It wouldnt surprise me if the 6262 was SIMLAR to the 5150. They do sound similar. But whatever component values they changed, it was for the better as it sounds better IMO.

On the other hand, the 333xl's are not even close to the jsx. The jsx makes me want cry it sounds so bad by comparison.

but yeah, would be nice to see the schematic.

~mike~

• Members

It wouldnt surprise me if the 6262 was SIMLAR to the 5150. They do sound similar. But whatever component values they changed, it was for the better as it sounds better IMO.

On the other hand, the 333xl's are not even close to the jsx. The jsx makes me want cry it sounds so bad by comparison.

but yeah, would be nice to see the schematic.

~mike~

Wow! Thats a pretty bold statement!

• Members

Agreed. All Bugera bashing aside, I'd really like to try the 333XL and 6262 and see for myself.

Tried a 333XL out on Sunday, A/B'd it against my Peavey and I REALLY did not like it.

It was decent for the price, but there are much better out there in the same range if you look hard enough.

• Members

Some of its parts are pretty crappy ( i replaced the input jack with a real one after i broke it) but if i need to buy 10 backups i will!

~mike~

The V series appears to have much better parts then the older models. I had a 6260 and the controls felt very weak (flemsy), the new stuff is very solid.

I have a V55hd and I love it, it has a great classic rock sound, great clean channel. I have a v22 on the way for caomparison purposes. I originally ordered the V22 becuase I wanted the EL84 tubes for a Marshall sound(actually ordered 2, one from MF and on from GC), but it was on backorder and they weren't sure when it was going to ship, so I changed my GC order to a v55hd. After receiving the V55 head I decided to cancel the MF order for the v22 becuase it sounds so good and the dirty channel sounds very marshall like. But, apparently GC did not modify my existing order they just added the V55 and a couple days later I recieved notice the v22 had shipped.

• Members

Tried a 333XL out on Sunday, A/B'd it against my Peavey and I REALLY did not like it.

It was decent for the price, but there are much better out there in the same range if you look hard enough.

Which cab did you try it with? What tubes were in it?

I can say for sure with the matching cab, and stock tubes (biased improperly) i wouldnt like it either.

I definitely had to put about 3 hours of work, rolling tubes and biasing to get the thing sounding like it does.

And i must say the bugera in my eyes is better on the GAIN side ONLY. Peavey has one of my favorite clean channels ever, and imo the bugera cannot touch the peavey when it comes to the clean channel. Thats why i have a bias modded valveking too.

~mkie~

Archived