Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

bugera v22/v55 does any one know what amps are copied?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The soon-to-be-released Bugera BC30 I think it is, is a Matchless DC30 copy and sounds absolutely amazing. I heard a demo unit already. I will buy it instantly as soon as it's for sale in the USA. I bet a whole lot of you guys will too.

Comment

I'd be cautious to believe that given the reputaion that behringer has, but i actually have heard mixed reports of them being either new circuits or very tweaked older circuitry. To my understanding bugera doesn't publish schematics.
      I guess that explains why no one is modding these babies like mad (like what happened with the crate v series).
      I'll have to wait and see until some one draws up a schematic of this bad boy.
      Edit:I also remember reading from jerry p that the 6505 and it's bugera equivalent were the same except for pot values and layout.
      Who knows.

It wouldnt surprise me if the 6262 was SIMLAR to the 5150. They do sound similar. But whatever component values they changed, it was for the better as it sounds better IMO.

On the other hand, the 333xl's are not even close to the jsx. The jsx makes me want cry it sounds so bad by comparison.

but yeah, would be nice to see the schematic.

~mike~
      Amps: Laney TT20H, Peavey ValveKing Bias Modded, Bugera 333XL w 12at7 in v4, Peavey Ranger Combo, Axe-fx Std/Behringer EP2500
      Cabs: Avatar 2x12 w GB50's, Avatar 2x12 w K100's, Avatar 1x12 bass cab+warehouse CL80.
      Guitars: Godin Detour Plek'd, Ibanez RG321MH (Drop B), LTD F-50, Douglas Sabre Copy Plek'd, SX tele (Drop B).

Ignored: Ricky Bobby

Comment

It wouldnt surprise me if the 6262 was SIMLAR to the 5150. They do sound similar. But whatever component values they changed, it was for the better as it sounds better IMO.

On the other hand, the 333xl's are not even close to the jsx. The jsx makes me want cry it sounds so bad by comparison.

but yeah, would be nice to see the schematic.

~mike~

Wow! Thats a pretty bold statement!

Comment

Wow! Thats a pretty bold statement!

Agreed. All Bugera bashing aside, I'd really like to try the 333XL and 6262 and see for myself.
          "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

do it while you can, they are hard to find now. i think behringer suspended production while making the 90 other models they have out now.
            Amps: Laney TT20H, Peavey ValveKing Bias Modded, Bugera 333XL w 12at7 in v4, Peavey Ranger Combo, Axe-fx Std/Behringer EP2500
            Cabs: Avatar 2x12 w GB50's, Avatar 2x12 w K100's, Avatar 1x12 bass cab+warehouse CL80.
            Guitars: Godin Detour Plek'd, Ibanez RG321MH (Drop B), LTD F-50, Douglas Sabre Copy Plek'd, SX tele (Drop B).

Comment

Agreed. All Bugera bashing aside, I'd really like to try the 333XL and 6262 and see for myself.

if you get to go for ones with el34's as it sounded like a totally different imo with 6l6's. i also changed V4 to a 12at7.
              ~mike~

Comment

Tried a 333XL out on Sunday, A/B'd it against my Peavey and I REALLY did not like it.
                It was decent for the price, but there are much better out there in the same range if you look hard enough.
                Fender Highway One Telecaster | Squier Telecaster | Squier Stratocaster | LTD EC-600
                Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Comment

Some of its parts are pretty crappy ( i replaced the input jack with a real one after i broke it) but if i need to buy 10 backups i will!

~mike~

The V series appears to have much better parts then the older models. I had a 6260 and the controls felt very weak (flemsy), the new stuff is very solid.

I have a V55hd and I love it, it has a great classic rock sound, great clean channel. I have a v22 on the way for caomparison purposes. I originally ordered the V22 becuase I wanted the EL84 tubes for a Marshall sound(actually ordered 2, one from MF and on from GC), but it was on backorder and they weren't sure when it was going to ship, so I changed my GC order to a v55hd. After receiving the V55 head I decided to cancel the MF order for the v22 becuase it sounds so good and the dirty channel sounds very marshall like. But, apparently GC did not modify my existing order they just added the V55 and a couple days later I recieved notice the v22 had shipped.
                  Builds
                  2011 Fly Customs V
                  2010 Fly Customs Explorer
                  2010 Fly Customs LP
                  2010 Fly GFS LP

Comment

Tried a 333XL out on Sunday, A/B'd it against my Peavey and I REALLY did not like it.
                    It was decent for the price, but there are much better out there in the same range if you look hard enough.

Which cab did you try it with? What tubes were in it?

I can say for sure with the matching cab, and stock tubes (biased improperly) i wouldnt like it either.

I definitely had to put about 3 hours of work, rolling tubes and biasing to get the thing sounding like it does.

And i must say the bugera in my eyes is better on the GAIN side ONLY. Peavey has one of my favorite clean channels ever, and imo the bugera cannot touch the peavey when it comes to the clean channel. Thats why i have a bias modded valveking too.
                    ~mkie~

Comment

oph cool you have apeavery ultra? those are great, definitely better in my eyes vs a JSX. I have a peavey ranger, which is basically a lower gain version of the ultra.
                      ~mike~

Comment

Which cab did you try it with? What tubes were in it?

I can say for sure with the matching cab, and stock tubes (biased improperly) i wouldnt like it either.

I definitely had to put about 3 hours of work, rolling tubes and biasing to get the thing sounding like it does.

And i must say the bugera in my eyes is better on the GAIN side ONLY. Peavey has one of my favorite clean channels ever, and imo the bugera cannot touch the peavey when it comes to the clean channel. Thats why i have a bias modded valveking too.
                        ~mkie~

The cab was a Randall XL with V30's and C90's in an X pattern, and the tubes were =C= 6L6's.
                        Fender Highway One Telecaster | Squier Telecaster | Squier Stratocaster | LTD EC-600
                        Vox AC30CC2

Positive Transactions

Comment

so has any one raced out a bugera?
                          Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
                          Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
                          Like me on facebook
                          Follow me on twitter

Comment

I got the bugera 6260. Great amp. With my carvin bolt-on kit I can get a great lead tone, roll back the volume a bit and get a great rythm sound. I use it for rock and blues.

Comment

so has any one raced out a bugera?

My Vintage 5 is getting an alnico speaker and new tubes. Im still impressed by how good it sounds. It cleaned the floor with the other 5 watters.

Comment

The cab was a Randall XL with V30's and C90's in an X pattern, and the tubes were =C= 6L6's.

Yeah i almost sold mine at first because i pulled out the 6l6's without hearing them. Then i baised up the el-34s, totally differnt beast.
                                Actually for one reason or the other the amps bias range wouldnt even accomodate my 6l6's. It wouldn't bias any higher than 19ma . They should have been atleast at 32 . This might be why the amp sounds no good with 6l6's
                                ~mike~

Comment

Working...
                                X