X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 800 - Large volume loss on low sensitivity input

I've lost a lot of volume & gain on the low sensitivity input, though the high sensitivity input is normal. Can someone tell if it's likely a tube issue, and maybe pinpoint me to whether it'd be preamp, and which position? It'd be cools.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.leap.cc" target="_blank"><font size="5"><font color="DarkOrange">L</font></font>aw <font size="5"><font color="Red">E</font></font>nforcement <font size="5"><font color="Purple">A</font></font>gainst <font size="5"><font color="SeaGreen">P</font></font>rohibition</a><br />
    <font size="1"><br />
    </font></div>

Disco Cat wrote:

I've lost a lot of volume & gain on the low sensitivity input, though the high sensitivity input is normal. Can someone tell if it's likely a tube issue, and maybe pinpoint me to whether it'd be preamp, and which position? It'd be cools.

My JCM800 (4010 Combo) is exactly like that....always has been.  I thought that was the norm?!?

Comment

• Disco Cat
      Disco Cat commented
      Editing a comment

It's normal to have less, but I mean it's dropped a lot from its normal level. It's a lot less than half the volume of the high gain input, and I can't get distortion out of it with preamp cranked to the max, and both a boost and overdrive pedal out front.

Working...
X